Sign in to follow this  
Storm77

Clunking parcel shelf

Got a Stealth parcel shelf at the mo and since I had the Koni's fitted the stiffer ride makes the parcel shelf clunk from the sheer weight of it bouncing up and down when I go over bumps! :x Annoying just aint the word!

Any of you guys had the same problem?....got any bright ideas on how to stop it?

yup i get this too. You can adjust the trim that the rear speakers sit in to narrow the gap at the boot opening thus 'wedging' the shelf a little better. Its been a while since i did it on my valver, but if memory serves the plastic shelf thingys that the speakers sit in are bolted in place near the rear lights, pull the carpet back and you should see where they attach. what you need to do is pull them in slightly so the gap between either side of the boot opening is smaller and it traps the shelf better.

there are also little foam wedges at the rear of the tailgate that when closed also damp any vibrations from the parcel shelf

This happens with the shelf in the VR too. It makes an annoying squeaking noise. I just turn the stereo up so the sub drowns out the squeak. :D

I just turn the stereo up so the sub drowns out the squeak. :D

This cures all kinds of engine problems for me...

Exhaust blowing? Just buy a louder stereo!! :lol:

Cool, cheers for that guys - will have to have a play with that tonight and see if it works. If that fails, will have to crank up the system and drown it out like Blackcat suggested!