Sign in to follow this  
Claret Badger

"ADHESIVE" BLACKED OUT WINDOWS

Anyone got a good suggestion on how to remove the gunk this nasty cack leaves behind?

I have "sticky residue" all over my rear window - and have tried white spirits with little success.

I have also noticed loads of the blasted stuff over the door windows just below the window line.

Just wonderin if anyone has any "top tips" for removing "sh1t tints"??

Try and find some 'Zoff'

Chemical for removing sticky-stuff...

My Mum's got some - wicked stuff.

dazzyvr6, nope, it's stuck onto the inner surface... That's how you can repair it with that electrically conductive paint stuff... 8)

Before i purchased the Raddo i had a megane coupe which had tinted window all round. When i sold it to a middle aged lady she wasnt to keen on the tints and asked for them to be removed. I was trying for hours to get the sticky glue substance they used to put the tints on. I found in the end a stanley knife blade was the best and easiest way to remove it then rub down with some white spirit on a cloth. I will never offer to do this again in the future, it took me and a mate hours....!! LOL.

what kind of cloth?

most cloths leave "fibres" on the sticky gammy mess over my rear window.

I have started to use cotton buds - but it's taking f**king ages to remove a tuppence sized spot!!!

I need a lint free cloth - any suggestions?

Well i just used some rags from the garage to get most of the sh#t offf and then wiped with kitchen roll to clean window and any other little bits left! You really need to get all the glue off with the stanley blade so there is not much sticky stuff left to stick to the cloth.....hope this helps....(also try using window cleaner / white spirit or a bit of petrol with the stanley blade, it loosens the glue up!!)

I dont know if you guys have it where you are. But look for 2 products, Im sure you can find them online. 1. Goof-off 2. Goo Gone. They both work great for getting that glue off. It takes a while and you have to wash the window after, but its worth it.

I've found that AutoGlym "Intensive tar remover" works really well for getting sticker glue off of windows. Especially if you heat the glue up a bit with a hairdryer (or a heat gun on LOW) first..

You should only need to put on and take off with a normal stockinette cloth, but if it's really stubborn, you can use a non-stick pan scourer for the take off.