Sign in to follow this  
Steve B

VR6 owners (or anyone with the knowledge!!)

Hi there,

I wonder if you lot could help me put a rough value on a Corrado...

Its a 94 VR6 in metalic green, 65 - 70K miles, FVWSH.

Car is totally standard apart from Koni shocks and dampers (-40mm) and a different Headunit etc.

It has a Cat 1 clifford system along with a tracker.

Condition wise it really is mint, with the exception of a small dent (golf ball size) to the rear arch on one size, this is not a major issue, but it is there!

The interior is almost factory condition, no wear at all apart from the slight signs of use on the drivers seat bolster..

It is currently on its second owner, the first guy bought it from a VW dealership and used it rarely, putting only 35K on it is the first 6 year. For the past 5 years it has been owned by my brother who takes very good care of it indeed.

It had the head gasket replaced a while ago as this went on cyl. no1 between the cylinder and the coolant channel, apparently caused by inferior HGs being used on early VRs.. Anyway AMD sorted it all out fitting new valve stem seals along the way...

Only other thing to mention is that it was hit about a yr ago and as a result had a new rear quarter fitted via insurance.. The job done was good, but if course it is not 'as it left the factory' now....

Basically im after the value of the car if it was placed for sale now, he is thinkin of sellin it and id like to know the realistic value of it as i have been offered first refusal.

Im guessin this is the best place to find out such a thing due to you lot being up to date on all things Corrado!!

Many thanks, if i have missed anything then please ask what you need to know.

Cheers

Steve

i take it he's also giving you family discount?...........asides from the cosmetics its only negative point seems to be the lack of leather(and of course the accident history)...........value wise i'd say it's probably anything between £5-6.5k...........but i wouldn't say a 94 VR was an early one so i dunno what you mean by the inferior HG's on early VR's

apparently up to around 96ish the HGs were thinner than 96 onwards (i.e. golfs) only goin on what we were told at the time...

thanks for your view...... the more the better!!

It's so hard to say what Corrados are worth at the mo becaused they don't seem to be selling. It is a low mileage example which is definately in its favours, I would agree with vr6storm's valuation but I don't think that it would sell very easily for that much... :roll:

I would agree with vr6storm's valuation but I don't think that it would sell very easily for that much... :roll:

........well thats what he should say to his bro at the very least :wink:

Firstly i'm in salisbury, so looking at your address we are close. Im happy to meet you if you want a second pair of eyes. If not make sure you read the buyers guide or print it and take it with you.

Price wise, id aim to pay 5k to 5.5k for it if its as it sounds. But its probably worth more than that with that mileage tbh.

PM me if you want any help or to meet up bud.