Sign in to follow this  
rixy

VR6 Dodgy runnng URGENT

hi all, got a problem with ma car for some reason, was ok yesterday when i drove it last, but got into it tonight to take it to the petrol station to fill her up, and my oil light came on on a beeper started sounding! Oil light stayed on flashing and beeping until i stopped, i filled up, drove off, and within 20 secs, it was flashing and beeping again? When i got home, i checked oil, and there is loads in there, just below max line, and as i say, has been fine until tonight! Any idea on what it could be? The car has been run very low on fuel yesterday, but i cant see why this would make the oil light flash?

Please please help as im supposed to be going to santa pod this weekend, hope its nothing major, fed up with big problems!

cheers

worst case scenario = oil pump knackered= no oil pressure

more than likely to be...........the oil pressure switch(that controls the buzzer) is Knackered so telling it to buzz cos you aint got "pressure"

Have you been in the engine bay down by the oil filter by any chance.

One oil pressure switch works on cylinder head pressure and if disconnected makes no difference except the warning is disabled.

The other works on the big ends pressure and if disconnected will sound the buzzer and put the LED on after 20 seconds and revs getting above 2,000 rpm as the dash instrument panel samples the signal. This may be the one that is disconnected (by accident??).

Both pressure switches are on top of the oil filter housing, single wires to each.

will check, the only time i've been in my engine bay is to stick my arm up the front from underneath to pop the bonnet,(bloody lever clip is broken??!) will check what ya say, and see what happens

ok, well i've just checked both wires on the top of the pump, a yellow and a blue one, and a seperate wire, all 3 all still connected,and dont seem to be loose in any way? Would lack of oil pressure make the car run funny from low revs then? Sort of feels like its dying on you when you blip the throttle,then it picks up again? Should it be ok to drive~?

also, could it be anything i might have knocked by the fuse box, i had the box loose yesterday as my headlights werent working propery, so had to sort that out, maybe i knocked something?

Young rixy

Try not to let an old car run "very low on fuel". I expect you probably know this, but all sorts of muck in a 10-year old tank can get drawn into fuel filter and beyond if you are unlucky.

Good luck in getting sorted, anyway.

i couldnt help the running low on fuel as i had no cash to get some more! Have changed both oil pressure switches on top of the pump bit next to oil filter, and also changed the oil temp switch, but still got the problem? I think it must be an electrical fault as i have no outside temperature showing on my computer, and i dont have have an oil temp showing on the computer, or a coolant temp showing on the guage? Also, the pump hasn't gone as there is still new oil getting pumped upto the top of the cylinder head! Can anyone tell me which wires it may be? The fuse box is like a bag of spaghetti on these things???

Rixy,

It looks like the common factor to the problem is fuse/relay panel plug “G2” is completely disconnected. It would also explain the rough running as the MAF besides the Air Temp, Coolant temp, bearing oil pressure & oil temp all pass through this plug and they are disconnected.

The plug “G2” is a white one, 4th from the driver’s door on the bottom row with the fuse relay panel fitted as normal in the Corrado under the dash. So the plugs go red, red, red, white. This white one is out

ok, had a look last night and found out the same thing, plugged it in, everythin works fine, cheers RW1, you're a star, not only did ya help me fix my headights, ya helped me again, cheers bud