Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

What power can i expect

Just wondering what sort of power my g60 might end up making when i get round to finishing it? anyone have any rough ideas? gotta be at least 210bhp when fully mapped?

Spec:

PSD Full Blend charger

Stage 5 SNS

68 mm Pulley

Stage 2 Big Valve Head

Piper 270 cam and vernier pulley

Water/methanol dual stage injection kit

Red top injectors (not sure if i am going to need these ??)

Golf G60 FMIC

Boost Return Mod

Miltek

Have a look at this dyno run although running very rich on the day (VERY RICH) The spec of this car is identical to yours. A CUSTOM remap will sort the overfueling out and bring the car to its full potnetial.

ok daz that sounds like a good gain in power! i will be in touch with you soon anyway as i am going to need someone to help me sort out my timing / fueling when i get everything fitted! :) when you say custom remap, i take it that would be a custom sns chip??

ok daz that sounds like a good gain in power! i will be in touch with you soon anyway as i am going to need someone to help me sort out my timing / fueling when i get everything fitted! :) when you say custom remap, i take it that would be a custom sns chip??

The car would be custom mapped from a std base map using an emulator.

Your car is Dan Shalor's old car is it not?

The engine in that car is very fresh and has responded really well to tuning in the past as it was pretty low milage and had previously been owned by his Mom if I remember.

yes mate thats the one! the engine does feel good, its now done 80000 miles and hasnt missed a beat at all!! i am just wanting to take it the next step :D

was also maybe thinking of putting a 65mm pulley on aswell, to maximise the effect, anyone got any ideas on how much a custom remap is likely to cost?

Mine doesnt go aswell with a 65mm pulley on, dunno why, could be belt slippage, definitely goes better with the 68mm on. Maybe just needs remapping for the 65mm

hmm looks like i`m gonna have to take a trip up to Darrens once i fit my big valve head too then!! my car has 68mm pulley and just covered 80000 miles too,,, should be similar,,

Yeh daz just quoted me £320 to get it all remapped and running sweet! so now i have just gotta pull my finger out and get the head fitted! And i think i will leave the charger alone for now and maybe save up for a toothed belt conversion and 65mm pulley when the time comes for a charger rebuild!

Anyone done the bottom end shell bearings before, is this an easy job? ( ie can i do it with engine in engine bay :) ) i was thinking i might do these aswell, even tho the engine has only done 80000 miles, i thought well i might aswell do as much as i can whilst its in bits!

yes you can do this with ethe engine in situ just a means of dropping the sump and oil pump so you can get at them all,, be sure to use new rod bolts too when you do this,,

so i am guessin ght enext question to this is.... whereabouts do i get the parts, i seem to remember GSF not doing these sort of items?