Sign in to follow this  
mr.ots

What style of number plates?

I'm about to order a new set of number plates for my c but I'm finding it hard to decide on what style to go for. I want to keep them legal but there are still a few choices to make.

The options are:

1. Normal lettering

2. Carbon fibre lettering

3. 3D lettering

4. Border or no border

5. GB Euro

6. GB St. George Cross

7. GB Union Jack

8. GB Union Jack Stars.

9. No flags

To get an idea of what the options look like you can try them out at http://www.myshowplates.co.uk/platebuilder.asp

My favoured options currently are:

3D text, black border and GB Euro

Any suggestions appreciated.

get the plates made at yer local $tealer...........that way you should have a little VW logo with the $tealer's name at the bottom....so makes yer C look like you've just bought it from the $tealer :wink:

get the plates made at yer local $tealer...........that way you should have a little VW logo with the $tealer's name at the bottom....so makes yer C look like you've just bought it from the $tealer

Thats not a bad idea. I wonder how much they would charge for that pleasure though?!!! :shock: If anyone knows let me know!

Thanks for the suggestions and info guys.

Are the tinted ones road legal and where can they be bought?

They aren't legal and are a pain to find... I got tugged the day after I fitted mine! However the cop was with his sargent and so had act as PC promotion! My g/f father works in traffic and told me this - he also said he wouldn't bother over them as they are clear and easy to read :?

I also think that they'd look better with normal size 3D text so if you find somwhere that can do 'em let me know as I want another set...

Yeah I was thinking about having the normal size 3D text but then changed my mind to standard. God my indecisiveness is driving me crazy.

I got my certificate of entitlement today for my new number and it says it can take up to four weeks to assign it to the car so I guess I have a little while to make my mind up.

Think I'm gonna pop down the pub and mill it over, over a pint!

get the plates made at yer local $tealer...........that way you should have a little VW logo with the $tealer's name at the bottom....so makes yer C look like you've just bought it from the $tealer

Thats not a bad idea. I wonder how much they would charge for that pleasure though?!!! :shock: If anyone knows let me know!

well with VWCCGB discount my local $tealer charges me the grand total of £10+vat for the pair!!!!!.............cheaper than any local motor factor up here does

vr6storm, i got stad ones last year with honeycomb backround and black border £6 for the pair, u got robbed :lol:

vr6storm, i got stad ones last year with honeycomb backround and black border £6 for the pair, u got robbed :lol:

honeycomb background is sooooooooo 80's tho Furk :-P :lol: :lol: :lol:

Watching this one Paul. Mine need replacing as they look a slight on the manky side. Thinking i may just go standard with a border.

Lukeage - Standard with a border are a good option, just debating whether to have the GB Euro bit aswell.

Mr.Ots, can believe how complicated you have made a simple task :lol:

Furki tell me about it, anyway I've ordered them now.

MyPlate.jpg

Mr.Ots, can believe how complicated you have made a simple task :lol:

Furki tell me about it, anyway I've ordered them now.

MyPlate.jpg

hehe thanks god you went for a smart set otherwise you would have to start all over again,, prob need time off work too :lol: :lol: