Sign in to follow this  
Greenbat

Huge Power Dip

I recently had my charger refurbished to a stage 4 by Jabba Sport. A jabba sport chip was fitted at the time.

Since the refurbishment, anytime I hit about 5000 revs the power drops dramatically and then picks up again ABOUT 6100.

I have attached my power runs.

I can only describe it as similar to a turbo lag

Has anyone experience this before.

Help

Greenbat

Mine had similar symptoms a coupe of years ago.

Did Jabba check that ALL of the other sensors were working properly before they mapped it ?

If not (it's very possible they didn't) - it could be that one of your sensors is knackered.

Just out of interest - what spark plugs are fitted ?

Had a stage 4, 68mm pulley and chip. This is where is get complicated because the charger was fitted by Dubsport and the chip and pulley by Awesome.

Stevemac which sensoprs ned to be checked?

Greenbat

AFAIK - VERY similar problem was discussed on here a couple of years ago. From memory, weak hall sender was the culprit.

Contact g-man on here & he may be able to confirm.

Cheers Guys,

as Stevemac advised, I went through some old threads last nite and I came across this one "The infamous 5k Flatspot!!"

Link is http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0.

I suspect the culprits could be the hall sender and the dizzy. I have ruled out the belt because it is a new one and also the power returns at higher revs.

I will look for 2nd hand ones and try them out. Will put a a post in the wanted section but if anyone got one please send me a PM.

Cheers

Greenbat

Greenbat, Hall sender is part of the distributor & not available seperately on G60's. If you need a new one, we (GSF) sell genuine Bosch ones.

Beware of using a secondhand one - could be just as worn as the one that you already have.

new ones are around the £100 mark

i was also told to get a new dist when mine had a flat spot, i got one and no change...in the end i brought a wideband kit and discovered it was very rich in the top end

What is a wideband kit? Mine is also very rich at the top end. CO level were in excess of 10% where it should have been 4% or so.

Did the wideband kit cure the flat spot?

Greenbat

Id imagine it would have needed to be remapped to cure the rich flat spot, wideband kit just gives you an accurate afr reading!

To a certain extent, the car will run rich at Wide Open Throttle (WOT). Microswitch on the throttle housing sends a signal to the ECU. ECU then ignores some of the sensors & richens the fuel mixture in accordance with the mapped chip, within the ECU.

Hence the importance of having the car "re-mapped" when alterations are done to the engine setup.