Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

New Boxster sized Jaguar sports car

Dropped my Nugget off at my dads yesterday to look after whilst we sort the house move out and he let slip some interesting info that seems to have some substance as it came from two very different sources -

His next door neighbours son is a Jaguar development and test driver - a couple of weeks ago he turned up in a heavily disguised mule, front engined and low but definitely too small for it to be an XK8 and according to my dad definitely did not sound like a V8

Following week a friend of his mentioned that he was installing a new line at Jaguars Halewood plant for their new sports car

Seems like Jaguar may surprise us all with a Boxster rival - just wondering, if its true, how word has not leaked out

I believe so an old school freind of mine is a designer for Jaguar and his concept design was chosen for the new jag sports - according to him its idea is compete with the tvr's, porsche etc market.

Don't know if this helps confirm or not but, I live in Coventry and can actually see the Browns Lane plant from my house. I've seen a few heavily dressed mule cars going around near my house in the past few weeks but have never had my camera phone handy at the time.

Will keep an eye out to try and confirm the size. Will also ask my neighbour about it too as he works for Jag and knows plenty of people in the upper echelons.

Certainly got my dad excited, he's owned Jags for years and fancies something as a fun toy, I was hoping to bag his garage to keep Rado No. 157 if I'm lucky enough to get hold of it

They had a pic of it in one of the weekend papers (think it was Driving or Motoring). The article said it was called the Jag XK.

It looked like a smaller version of the XK8/XKR....but not as nice.