Sign in to follow this  
M3VWG

COOLING FAN

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT THIS,I'VE CHANGED THE FAN SWITCH AND THE TIMER RELAY BUT WHEN ENGINE IS TURNED OFF THE FAN STAYS ON FOR EVER.THE CAR IS 1990 1.8 16V THANKS PAUL

What's happened to the wire connected to the little sensor on the forward corner off-side of the rocker cover next the cam belt cover?

Has it come loose?

EVERY THING LOOKS OK,SOME ONE SUGGESTED THE ECU COOLANT SENSOR BUT DONT KNOW WHERE IT IS.ON THE 8V GOLF ITS BLUE AND ON TOP OF THE COOLANT HOSES THANKS

thanks now i might get somewhere,my coolant temp sensor ecu only has 1 spade though your pic has 2 pin conector

sorry..bit confused...are you saying that your sender has 1 pin..and the one in the pic has 2?.

My car was doing this when I first got it. Its was the sensor on the front left of the rocker cover, its plastic sleeve was missing and the braded fuel line was touching it making the fan come on.

Hope that helps :roll:

is your 16v the 1.8 cause i cant see a sender at that point

Mines a 1.8 :D If your sender is missing then the wire to it might be earthing somewhere. Mine goes from the sender over towards the back of the airbox.

brill fixed it,there is no sensor on the front left of rocker on mine but found a black wire near air box that someone had earthed,when unearthed the fan worked perfect.thanks to everyone for there input couldnt have done it without you all regards paul