Sign in to follow this  
Majik

Running hot and jerky

my car runs around 110 degrees on the water temp guage, the fan cuts in and out the coolant strength was checked and was very good enough, what else can i check or do to make the car run cooler.

Secondly there is a slight jerk when i change gear and take foot off the throttle, are there any common problems with mounts, which ones should be checked?

thanks in advance

110 sounds normal or even good for this weather...differant oils have a slight effect on temp

as for jerkiness....front engine mounts fail often, mine was jerky because the throttle stop switch was not ajusted right....and too much timing will make it jumpy

My front motor mount broke twice and made my engine dent my hood. It will be very jerky if that brakes. Theres also a tube, Id have to look at my last bill, but mine started to wear and air was getting in it. They epoxy'd the little holes and fixed the problem. It was a really strong jerk to where i couldnt drive it. If its that strong let me know and Ill look it up for you.