Sign in to follow this  
bristolbaron

quality respray & blingy alloy wheel recommendations.

I've got a mate with an Oak Green 16v golf, who's just taken a job paying silly amounts of money.

He's looking to get audi handles/flaired arches/flush tailgate etc and wants to know somewhere that does very high quality spraying/modifying.

Based in bristol, but would travel if it means the jobs gets done well.

[looking at Jay Renshaw/A20 LEE proper show car standard]

He's also looking for recommendations for deep dish 8x15" alloys. But something different to 001's. Thinking along the lines of phase one ronal turbos/ OZ turbo's. Budgets up to £1000 + tyres/polishing.

Any advice/ideas welcome!

Premier in Northampton! They do lots of show cars and have a great reputation! Sure Lee could hook you up with the contact details for them if you PM him.

Thinking along the lines of phase one ronal turbos/ OZ turbo's. Budgets up to £1000 + tyres/polishing.

shame...just sold my turbos with rubber for £475

Jim, good shout! hadn't thought about them. 8)

I've also just found out he was bidding on some 001's and lost the bidding to a 'billinjha' wonder if its anyone we know!?

Thought you just had yours sprayed Mr Bristol? Where was yours done and are you happy with it mate, i cant wait to see it. And park a long way from you!

bristolbaron - maybe also worth PM'ing our resident alloy wheel polishing guru (LowVento)for some suggestions on some wheels for the Golf. He might have some decent ones in atm that would fit the bill or at least know of some. And even if not, he's probably a rather handy guy to get prices from on polishing wheels if/when your mate finds a set he likes :D

Get him to try German ebay if he does'nt already. Some great stuff on there on the unusual wheel front and very nice prices, usually with cheaper delivery than within the uk!!

corradowales, i know mate, he was gutted when i told him! [i was too, could've made good commission!]

NickVR6, had mine sprayed at crash in corsham, it's going back next tuesday coz its not good enough. For the quality he's after, i cant recommend them.

We had a look on ebay.de yesterday, but could only find 16"+ or funny offsets. Ive not got the first idea about the offset he'll need for 8" wide wheels, i was guessing still 35ish? It makes it more difficult as we dont really know what he's after!

Jim, We had a look at the seemingly complicated forum he posts on, but couldnt find anything. If a set turn up that need polishing though, he'll be the man to see im sure.

keep em coming guys...

oi oi lads

cheers jim ..

baron, He wont get ronal turbo phase ones in 8's.

Offset you can get away with et 25 on 8 inch rim, with standard mk2 arches, ight need to roll the inner. but if he's flaring them, then 8's will not be a problem at all.

Paint and bodywork wise, you also got Dub shack in coventry, Greg howell in southam. I don;t know if your mate would be interested in BBS RA's mirror polished i got for sale at the mo.

Drove all the way to guilford yesterday to deliver them and the guy goes, oh they're not what im looking for really.. lets just say i was not too happy.

Sorry to hijack mate but who are Dub Shack? I live in Coventry and have never seen / heard about em! Where abouts are they based?

Sorry to hijack mate but who are Dub Shack? I live in Coventry and have never seen / heard about em! Where abouts are they based?

Swan lane mate, you must have seen the dubs parked up ...

or the trailers outside :wink:

i live in Coventry and go around that area on a regular basis and have never seen any Dubs outside

i must be driving with closed eyes!

I live over the other side of the city and don't really ever drive over that side too often as virtually everyone I know lives the same side as me!

They aint in Yellow Pages either!

They haven't launched the business in regards to advertising etc yet...

they've got quite a few motors breaking, the lad who did the passat est TT and Dals vr, he works there, just finished a TT mk2 oak green, got a rat look mk 1 tt, and just finishing a caddy 20v too.

So they been busy with all that, they've still got another vr to do in a mk2, and a polo 20v. So they're quite busy considering they haven't really publicised themselves yet, apart from on ed 38.

They got the vento vr cup car too, so they will be using that to advertise the business, once it stickered up, with their details .. oh and mine ;)

Remember Premier's red MK2 from a few years back ? I have a set of the Gotti wheels which are like the ones on that car for sale at the moment. There are fully polished up with new dishes and ti bolts etc. Best wheels next to 001's for the MK2 IMO.

Mine are 8" and 9 x 16" with the right offsets and am willing to do a deal with the adapters and tyres too. Give me a shout if interested

Cheers

LowVento, ive shown him your RA's, but he has standard ones atm, and wants something different. Any idea how wide phase ones will go? Also looking at Zenders as an option.

BigTartanJudge, Hes looked at yours, but wont go bigger than 15".

Baz.

LowVento, ive shown him your RA's, but he has standard ones atm, and wants something different. Any idea how wide phase ones will go? Also looking at Zenders as an option.

BigTartanJudge, Hes looked at yours, but wont go bigger than 15".

Baz.

Your looking at 7 max on phase ones, might be able to get a wider look with a lower off set, but them tyres will still look skinny from behind.

What about 8 or 9 x 16s? or does he strictly want 15's? i'll see whats floating around. 8 x 16 merc 8 holes mirror polished