Sign in to follow this  
jenks

Door handle gone! But cant open from inside?

Ok i dont know joy riders! How the hell do you get into your passenger door if you cant open it from the inside or outside? Ive tried locking,unlocking,etc but now im lost and cant fix the thing till its open! :mad:

Ut Oh, I can see a stanley knife tearing into your door card in the near future... ouch!

if its just the little plastic arm that slides over the flat metal lever on the lock mech that is broken, then you should be able to flick it up using a coat hanger with a small hook on the end through the door lock pin hole.

You have a boot don't you?

Whats that got to do with getting a passenger door open? :roll:

Yes the outer handle and inside handle wont open the door,the locking of the door is normal,so nothings loose there?

Please dont say i have to cut into the door card? Were would i put the coathanger down? :?

Ok coat hanger wont work cos it does lock and unlock perfectly, its happened to my old raddo,but luckily my door card was loose n managed to get into it,but my doorcard is nice and tight, god that sounds dodgy!

does it seem like the bars that connect to the mech have become disconnected at the mech end or are they disconnected at the interior handle end?

you might be able to get at the mech if you unhook the top of the door card and unscrew as many of the screws that hold the door card on and pull it back slightly. you shouldnt need to damage anything to do it.

have you tried spraying it with wd40 through the gap or pushing the door in as you pull the handle ?

Discoonect at handle end i think,ill try wd40 but looks like ill have to pull doorcard back,christ that'l be fun!

You won't be able to get to the screws on the back or the bottom of the door.. and probably not the one on the front either! ..which leaves the one by the speaker and the ones inside the handle, I can't see you being able to get access to your door inards without either a rip or a slash. Sorry. :|

i've come across this a few times..... i think if you could see inside the door you would see that the little tab that the handle lever presses on is stuck just a touch down. For some reason this means that neither inside or outside handle works!

Simple enough to get in tho..... don't ask how i had to work this out!

Wind the window down, pull off the outside rubber trim and pull out the inside trim between the door card and the glass. Its a bit difficult and you kinda have to force it a bit but if your careful you shouldnt do any damage. Once you can see inside the door you will be able to hook the tab back up, lock and unlock the door and then it will open. Once open take the lock mechanism out and free it off with some WD40 and white grease..... alternatively you may find like i did that it was the little plastic nodder on the handle is wound out too far and just needs adjusting in!!

Hope that sorts it!

Ok, Ive tried every suggestion I have found on here to get my passenger door open, and still am having to climb over the shifter. Nothing is getting the door open. The rod for the inside door handle has broken off (at the door jam end). The door appears to be unlocked, and the outside handle seems to be working fine(obviously it not). What do I do now?! :x

I had this happen to my drivers door after i had my audi handles fitted on my last c.

I estimated where the height of the lock was on door/chassis from outside

Then proceeded as carefully as i could to thread something thru to push against the mech

Somehow i managed to get it open this way

The other option as said is to take the window seals off and fiddle with coathanger or bar to release it

chris

drop the window down and remove the window rubber, pull the fuse for the windows and using a torch you can see what hapens as you lock and unlock it,. DONT bend the window rubber though. you should be able to open the door from there with a coat hanger!!

Thanks for the trying to help, Ive got alot to look for now. A co-worker was looking at the car today and I hadnt told him that the door was stuck, I dont know how but it opened for him. After that first time all Ive had to do is pull up on the lock and it opens with the outside handle. Inside handle is still broken off where the hook on the end of the rod pulls the mech. If you guys could tell me what to fix now that Ive got it open that would be great. :lol: