Sign in to follow this  
A20 LEE

Radiator Assembly Renewal

Can anyone help me with an exploded view + part numbers for the radiator assembly? Mainly after the part number/s for the metal cowl which sits on the back of the rad which the fan mounts too. Be helpful to see all the parts which are associated with the assembly though.

TIA

Any use? :)

nearly, haven't got aircon on my C. Not sure how many of the parts listed are common to both, guess i should of mentioned that and the fact that the cars a 1992. Thanks for digging tho.

Ah fudge.

I've gotta go out now, but I'll see if I can pull off the right ones when I get back - I just saw a radiator and assumed it was the coolant one, not bloomin' AC :roll:

Ah fudge.

I've gotta go out now, but I'll see if I can pull off the right ones when I get back - I just saw a radiator and assumed it was the coolant one, not bloomin' AC :roll:

thanks Dinkus!! Its will save me hours in the dealers explaining what a corrado and a radiator is :lol:

Whats happen to the russian elcats site??

VW shut it down 12 months ago.

I'd still be very careful about posting those pictures on a public forum, folks. It regularly happens on German forums that Lexcom inteferes with threats for legal action.

Just a thought ...

Tempest

I'm ordering a new radiator on monday + the metal shroud which fits on the back. What else should i order? New mounting rubbers, v-belt, brackets but what about the temp senders and switches? I believe you can fit a different set from another model which makes the fan cut in at a lower temp? Also any idea of the cost of a new fan motor?

ordered the radiator cowl and the plastic guard for GPC today prices below, radiator i'm getting from gsf at the weekend. The assorted spacers mounts and brackets will be bought from the dealers.

cowl: £45+vat

plastic guards: £5ea + vat

bought all new seals, mounting rubbers, spacers and retainers from the dealers £35. Turning out to be very expensive overhauling the cooling system with brand new parts.

Yeah, it's the best thing to do tho Lee, buying the extras bits...

We did Dinkus's rad the other week end and found a few missing bits and had to get a couple of self tappers to replace missing / rusty ones and one of the rubber carriers was missing and also the copper washer on the fan thermoswitch...

Yeah, it's the best thing to do tho Lee, buying the extras bits...

We did Dinkus's rad the other week end and found a few missing bits and had to get a couple of self tappers to replace missing / rusty ones and one of the rubber carriers was missing and also the copper washer on the fan thermoswitch...

picked up the radiator today from GSF £128.08. Slightly different from the factory part in that its painted black. Still got a few bits to buy, new fan motor, V-Belt and the temp switch then time to start on the oil cooling.

Lee - the GSF rad doesn't come with the plastic elbow...

The one which fits on the top right? Does that need replacing too?

Yeah, you should do really as they warp - at least replace the O ring...

Dinkus bought a GSF rad but once you add the missing elbow, screws and O ring the VAG one works out about a fiver cheaper...

Yeah, you should do really as they warp - at least replace the O ring...

Dinkus bought a GSF rad but once you add the missing elbow, screws and O ring the VAG one works out about a fiver cheaper...

got the O-ring, should the radiator have little brackets on the engine side (drivers) as shown below?. Looks like a good quality product tho'. Would have prefered the rad to be silver for a minter look through the grille but i can live with it.