Sign in to follow this  
Oakley

Door Speakers & info

Hi All

It is about the time where I start to get some audio for my C.

I was just wandering if anybody could tell me what size speakers I should be buying for the front and rear doors.

I am also trying to find out what options there are around fitting 2 x 12" subs into the boot at a slant angle. Has anybody had any experience with this as I would like to retain as much of my boot as possible with the added benefits of quality sound.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Oakley

5" in the front doors... uh... your corrado doesnt have back doors... :D but the speakers either side of the parcel shelf are 6x4's which arent really worth upgrading since they'll always sound pants. best bet is to get some componants up front and mount the tweeters in the dash, leave the rears as is (6x9's are a bad idea for sound staging plus you'll be chopping up a shelf).

for the subs, 2 x 12"s are going to give you rather alot of bass! depends what you want, for something that sounds good but wont rattle windows or scare children one 12" would be fine.

the only way you're going to keep boot space is with one of audioscapes moulded sub enclosures which fits snug to the side of the boot. there was a group buy on the forum not so long ago, do a search and you'll find pics/prices.

Thanks for the reply Chrishill,

Cannot believe I said rear doors on my C. I meant to say next to the parcel shelf.

I have only bought the 1 12" Kenwood so far and thik I will take your advice and run only the 1.

I have been advised by a friend to get a set of Focals for the front doors, 1 x 2 channel amp to run the sub, 1 x 2 channel amp to run the fronts.

I think the end result that I am looking for is Clarity and quality, not boy racer thump thump if you know what I mean.

Do you think that will be sufficient?

Thanks for all your help on this, I will attempt to locate the group buy and see what came of it.

Thanks

Oakley

I'm running infinity 5's in the doors, pioneer 4's in the dash and a 12" in the boot, the infinity's and 12" are amped off a 4 channel in the boot. Its not the most expensive kit avalible but the sound quality it great, the 12" isnt turned up loud, it just provides subtle depth to the music. I'd say with the focals up front you'll get a nice clean clear sound and the 12" to add a bit of meat... it'll sound pretty damn good! the 1 or 2 amp argument is something you'll have to work out yourself, I think its easier running a 4 channel since its less wires to run around the car personally.