Sign in to follow this  
Lippy

Milltek or Powerflow

Still very happy with the Milltek full system on my 1990 G60 :-) That despite the crack in a pipe section before the midbox (nr. rear axle) which I had fixed by my Powerflow fitter back in February.

My Powerflow fitter commented at the time on the poor fit of the Milltek system having led to said crack.

He was also not too impressed by the steel quality, particularly its gauge, when compared to the tubing they use on Powerflow systems (which I had them fit onto my Mk2 Storm Roccoo some time agao, which I'm also very chuffed with. Those that know my Storm will be able to testify that they can hear my Storm coming :lol:).

Still, *touch wood*, it'll last, it sounds nice and subdued (again those familiar with my US-G60 will be able to testify :-) ), gurgles nicely when coming off the throttle rapidly, what more could you want ? :-)

Tempest

apparantly there is a 3-4 week waiting time for new milltek exhausts, waiting to hear back if Awesome have stock in...

why is this so hard and to top it off someone reveresed into the back of the car last night!

Lippy

Kev - Glad to here you are now liking Milltek as you weren't so thrilled on them from previous threads. As I don't own a Corrado now and don't own a Milltek I can say without being biased that the current Milltek range on Corrado's are pretty spot on (now). The early systems for Corrado's seem to be worse quality and from the ones I've seen look quite thin. The one I had required refitting once again as it grew quite alot from new over the first two months and had to have the center pipe cut back a bit. As you know Milltek are a big name and quite comonly used on performance Audi's, BMW's and VW's. The R32 Milltek system sounds awesome also! If/when I get another VR6 it will have a Milltek on it. I think again with any exhaust it depends on the fitter, I've heard quite a few people having to get stainless steel exhausts refitted from growth and you have to be quite forceful taking them apart and sometimes they could be damaged, possibly resulting in systems being louder or fitting incorrectly.

Yeah my first experiences with Milltek were not very endearing and I got a LOT of stick (from parties I will not name) for being harsh about it on here. You all know me, I don't f'ck about and I tell it how it is, purely from a "I've tried it, here are my experiences" point of view and if it rubs people up the wrong way, then I can't do anything about that, ce la vie.

At the danger of repeating myself, I must make it clear that both Milltek and JMR bent over backwards to try and help me, but it was unfortunate that the system itself was not to my satisfaction, for the sole reason which you pointed out - the initial batch of Corrado systems couldn't be relied on for 100% quality of fit and performance a 100% of the time, but AFAIK, they have now addressed the hanger being welded in the wrong place (bar type) based on my experiences and the systems are now up to scratch.

Yes I agree, the standard of MK4 based Millteks is nothing short of phenomenal. I am 100% over the moon with my Milltek sport cat, it really is a work of art and good value at £265.

Having fitted a Miltek Exhaust system inc Cat Bypass about 6 mths ago I have been extremely happy with the outcome, this is on a '90 G60.