Sign in to follow this  
marcus

polo to corrado?

.... Thing is though seems like the comparison here has turned into a modded G40 vs. a standard Corrado which doesn't seem like a totally fair comparison to me?

Plus also, a lightweight car like a polo is bound to have the better advantage than a heavier one off the mark anyway, isn't it?

Also I will add that on the track (Castle Coombe) I passed a G40 with ease (don't know if it was modded or standard) and he did seem to be trying.... although the guy in the twin engined mark one soon put me in my place (i.e. behind him!!)

Went the following year in my brothers 450BHP RS4, which helped to reduce the people passing so much (there's always someone with something better & faster though!)

:cheers:

This is a good thread.

Just to add my 2p - I would like a G40, looks rubbish, goes fast. Superb!

Not sure on the handling though as i've heard theyre a bit suspect, I had a mk2 1.3 polo which was a bit dodgy round corners, but then it WAS a 1.3 so who knows.

Heading towards Plymouth once, just after where the M5 turns into the A38 (up the hill towards the horse race track) I was shooting up there with a G40 side by side. I was flooring it as I assume was the young lady driving the G40 and I was only just creeping past, but at a snails pace, must have been doing up near the "lose your licence" speed and I was suprised that the G40 was keeping up (not knowing much about them at the time). Lost her on the twisties on the down hill part though... if anyone knows that road you'll know what I mean, great bit of road that.

Guess if that was a standard G40 a tuned one would munch a 16v... At the time my 16v was totally standard.

C looks better parked up mind you :)

C also has more cult status, surely?

More potential for it to be a 'classic' in future years.... maybe?

I heard that Marshall ran a 15.7 in his turbo'd G40 when he normally runs in the low 14's... The strong headwind seems to affect the liitle polo quite alot!

My mate has a G40 that's pushing 140bhp. It used to leave my old 16v for dead!, but struggles against a standard VR at the higher speeds. My VR is standard (not for long :wink: ) and the G40 would match it for acceleration all the way up to 110, but then the VR would start to pull away.

Definitely a wolf in sheeps clothing car, we have surprised a few people in that thing!