Sign in to follow this  
marka

factory immobiliser wiring help needed for '95 VR

Hi,

I've got a '94 VR (no factory alarm) and have replaced the engine with one from a '95 VR that had a factory fit immobiliser.

I have the Immobiliser and keys etc, but the wiring was stripped from the donor car (John Munyards) in a bit of a hurry and was mosty cut out. (not by me)

I can't find anywhere a wiring diagram that covers the factory immobiliser, without listing it as part of an alarm. I've looked on the msk.ru pages and in my Bentley manual, but neither of them is any help.

Does anybody here have a VW Immobiliser fitted and happen to know where the wiring runs please? I've sorted out the earth and +12v but can't seem to trace where the other two wires go. Both are thin guage wire and grey, one has two white stripes.

Can anybody help please!

Thanks,

Mark

Speak to Vince at Stealth mate because he encountered exactly the same problem with my OBD2 retro fit today...i.e. where the heck to put the grey and grey/white wires. He sussed it out but didn't say what he did, I'll know more tomorrow. RW1 might know. Both need to be connected to the ECU somewhere otherwise you'll get "Immobiliser - implausible signal - faulty wiring". I *think* the grey wire is the ECU pulse wire and the grey/white is the fuel pump relay trigger.

Mark, Kev,

2 connectors…………

6 way immobiliser plug:

Pin 1 Black wire goes back of fuse/relay panel to a connection that goes live with 12 volts ignition.

Pin 2 Grey/white wire goes to grey/white pin 43 on the ECU connector via ECU loom (VR6 Motronic ECUs).

Pin 3 Grey/white (or Grey only wire) wire goes to an adapter T2b - pin 2 forward of the gear stick inside the lower dash beyond where the centre console finishes, then on as a common wire to Pin 7 (grey/white wire) on the 16 way ODB2 connector in the gear shift.

Pin 4 Brown wire to chassis earth.

Pin 5 Not Connected.

Pin 6 Brown wire to chassis earth, common’d with pin 4 in the loom (instrument loom) and usually uses an earth by the driver’s door pillar.

3 way plug:

All three are the key sensor in the steering column in a shiny black cable.

------------

Kev.,

In the case of the Goof, there is a separate fuel shut off valve connection from the 6 way connector pin 2 (Goofs 1994 to 1997 only). But I can't find evidence of it in European lists and it does not wire into the fuel pump relay circuit, it's a separate component. I don’t think this connection needs to be made, it’s an option for some markets.

Thanks both for advice, will have to follow my ecu cables ASAP!

I'm guessing that it will involve some wiring, since my car didn't have it fitted from factory, that should be fun :-)

Hopefully I'll get it working and it will allow me to benefit from the ADM remap that's installed in the "new" ecu!

Thanks again,

Mark

btw RW1: that description sounds like it came from a bentley style manual, did it? Is there another source of tech info that i'm missing out on or are you VAG employee?