Sign in to follow this  
g60bv

whats the best rad

i'm thinking of changing my rad.. but i was thinking of using a bmw rad with a intergrated exvessel. something like a 325 or 525 (manual, non air con). or will a vr6 one fit ? oh i've got a g60.

The thing is with the air-con rad is that you can't get a front mount intercooler in, which is something you might want in the future. I had the air-con one (675mm) but now have a Rallye FMIC and Radiator. The Rad bolts on behind the IC and isn't even that much smaller than the air-con one anyway. Theres enough room for 2 fans on there aswell.

Also worth mentioning that if you put an oil cooler on then that will bring your water temps down aswell.

the vr6 one would still let me put a fmic on. i've seen the air con ones and they are too big. the bmw ones are similar size to standard to g60's but have an intergrated expansion bottle. so i can do away with mine.( just to tidy it up) and still have plenty of room for my intercooler.( core 600x300x75)

I managed to fit a van intercooler on my old turbo 16valver 'rado,the two items are the same length so i had to file down the plastic 'cooler's end pipes to fit it and modifiy the front valance,offside headlight,i couldn't use the A/C model's radiator when i installed my 2.0 G60 valver motor because it slams right up to the VR6 alternator so i had to make do with the small 16valver's 'rad,not recomended with a big 'cooler in front,it will still cool the engine,just,but the fan's 2nd speed is always on and the temp rarely goes below 100 degrees.