Sign in to follow this  
Madjackal

Coilovers

I've got my koni coilover kit sat at home ready to go on on monday. Finally I can get rid of the old knackered shocks and do something about the 3 feet between my tyres and arches! To say im looking forward to the drive home is an something of an understatement. :D :D :D

Just wondering if anyone knows, I have a small aerolsol can with lots of german writing on it in with the kit, what is this for, its it some kind of lubricant/corrosion protection. :?

it's normally a spray to protect the threads on the coilovers so that they don't seize up due to road gunk OR a lubricant to spray on the damper rods before first use... spray a little onto a rag and see if it's like a spray oil (wd40 etc) or wax... 8)

once you have set your coilovers to the height you want i would put duck tape on the lower threads and the upper if you can get inside the spring, they have a close thread and they soon get contaminated

GIXXERUK, ooh, I like that idea... Anything I can use Gaffa tape for appeals... (within reason! ;) )

i was meant to put a piece of old bicycle inner tube over the threads of my coilovers when i first fitted them,then you could just pull it back when you want to adjust the ride height,by the time i realised it was to late