Sign in to follow this  
xnology

MFA Conversion factors???

I downloaded the MFA #'s from one of the posts on the forum to check my boost. My car idles at between 75 and 81 after the little hold in -shut off - restart - release - press one time procedure. Not the 450 - 800 listed in the posts. My highest boost reading was 231 in third gear at 6K RPM. Not in the range listed in the posts (anywhere from 200 for negative boost to 2200 for 17+ psi).

My car is extremely quick and puts out loads of boost, but I need to know if anyone here has knowledge of a UK/US conversion factor for the MFA #'s listed out here.

Hi,

Take a look in the buying guide - it shows the US figures in the first column of the table. 231 translates to between 11.6 and 14.5 psi according to the guide.

David.

Where can I find the buying guide?

I would hope that those numbers are not correct. The G60 was worked over by BBM and has a 68mm double wide pully and their numbers say it should be between 17-20 psi. This car goes like stink!

My 1st G60, chipped, with a stock charger can't come close to my new one.

What boost are they supposed to put out standard?

MAF boost readings are not meant to be the most accurate (so they say). A boost gauge is you best bet. Also if you have the head flowed or bigger intercooler this will reduce boost pressure caue there is less resistance but in reality you will still be flowing the same amount of boost.

Sounds like you have a VDO instrument. They display different values for the same boost to the Motometer instruments:

VDO Motometer Boost (mbar)

15 200 0

55 400 0

90 600 0

127 800 0

148 1000 0

172 1200 200

192 1400 400

211 1600 600

228 1800 800

242 2000 1000

255 2200 1200

Tempest

anyone got any ideas what the readings should be if the car MFA is showing it in psi or pascals? :?

(for a stage 2 charger)

cheers,

Thank you! I hope that these numbers are not very accurate however, as my stock G60 is putting out around 12 psi and my new one is pushing a ton more yet the number displayed is not much different. It feels like twice the car - easily.