Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

runing amp wires through the car

I'll be doing this shortly, going from the engine bay back to the boot. I've installed speakers and headunits loads of times, but this is the first time I'll have done an amp. I know some of the basics like running the power and the RCA's down oposite sides, and earthing to the bolts on the read seats, but is there anything else i need to keep in mind? is there a handy grommet in the engine bay i can pop the wires through?

Yep theres a grommet half way down the bulk head on pass side that i used.

Use a good quality cable, i use 4 gauge power and earth

Which way did you run them once you got to the bit where the center plastic bit meets the rear seats Nigel ?

under the carpet and through a hole to under the back seat then you can put them in the boot where you like!!

Tip, use some black silicone sealant when you have run through the gromet, keep the power and signal cables seperate to prevent interference and be sure fuse the power lead at the battery end!

thanks for all the tips! did it yesterday and it worked a treat! I ran the wires through the back of the dash then down into the plastic door-sil trim things, along to the back seats then into the boot. Theres about 6" of wire showing where they go between the sils and the bottom of the back seats, but i'm happy enough with that. The RCA's were a bugger though, couldnt someone have come up with a smaller connectors for then ends?? :lol: