rmn

Fan keeps running on a 2L 16v

Right, my fan on my 2L 16v keeps running, it drained the batt on me the night before last and now i have to unplug it to switch it off.

Now i have not checked relay's etc because its dark, but is there a control unit for these on a 16v i know there is one on a VR, but not sure wheather its the thermostat or a control box that does the switching.

Thanks

If you have ABS then the contol unit is in the engine bay near the washer botle, if not then it's where the ABS relays would be - ie up behind the passenger side of the dash...

Sounds like the fan switch to me. I had the same on my Golf a few years ago. It screws into the N/S of the radiator, unplug the electrical connection to it (either 2 or 3 pin) and see of the fan stops, if it does thats your problem.

Thanks Lad, i think its the fan switch, there is no run on switch on my engine, but when i went down at lunch to have a look at it, i tried it and the fan didnt come on, it seems to have fixed itself, i think that means it time for a new thermo switch.

Wierd prob

Thanks Again

Had this on my Corrado 2.0 16v today the dam radiator fan wouldn't turn off,

traced it to a warn out fan over run sensor,

this sensor is screwed into a bracket which bolts to the front left of the valve cover,

plus it's yellow in colour and has just the one spade connector on it.

Original OEM part number I think is / was 191-919-521D

Managed to find a seller on Ebay that has them in stock,

so have ordered one.

Ebay item number 400360578030

Ebay item Link below:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400360578030?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D400360578030%26_rdc%3D1

Hope this helps anyone with the same fault.

Si