Sign in to follow this  
Rick

Heater used to be hot now it's just warm???

hi ppl. i recently removed my non working (charged) air con radiator frm my vr6, my heaters used to blow good hot air and the temp guage always sat on the half-way mark. after removing the big airflow restricting air con radiator, my water temp doesnt hit halfway unless stood in traffic and when driving sits from jst above quarter to nearly not registering and the oil temp when driving sits at about 207F when it used to be about 227-238F. my question is, even thought i now have better airflow to my (water) radiator, shouldnt my water temp still sit on the half????

Edit: Translated your title into English ;)

What's with all weirdo foreign "F" reading?! ;)

Sounds kinda like your thermostat is stuck open if it's not getting up to temperature while you're moving at speed. Thermostat should only open at 80 degrees ©, so if you ever see less than that on a hot engine either the 'stat is stuck open or the gauge is wrong ..

Agree with the Dr, sounds like you've created a circulation problem when removing the a/c rad. Have you 'messed up' the pipework somehow?

no. the air con is a totally seperate unit from all other engine/cooling parts, plus, it wasnt charged up so wasnt working anyways. the strange thing i didnt mention is that the needle on the temp guage (in standing traffic etc) used to climb to the 230F mark, dnt know wot that is on euro models, 110 c or summit, the highest number on guage, and them the fan would kick in and cool it back down to the half. now with my temps being alot lower, the fan kicks in when the temp guage jst goes over the halfway point???????? dnt think it is fualty guages cos my oiil temp is also low too......