Sign in to follow this  
randomist

supercharger swappage type thing!

just been talking to a mate at work & he was telling me he's just bought a supercharger off the new mini that he's going to fit onto his g40 polo. apparently & you'll have to pardon my ignorance coz i know jack shxt about what happens under the bonnet but these things bolt straight on & are reliable for about 100,000 miles! apparently people are buying some kind of race kit for the new supercharged mini so they replace the one that's already on so they are quite cheap to get hold of.( my mate paid £100) this got me thinking, has anyone else heard of this & also would the supercharger fit a g60? i'm just curious coz i would be really tempted to get a g60 if i could get a reliable charger & not have to worry about rebuild costs & stuff! (coz i cant afford a vr!!)

Do a search on " Eaton AND charger " ..I think there's a couple of threads on here about it. I don't think they're quite powerfull to run a g60?...although alot of g40 owners seem to be doing it, not so many g60's have gone for it.

The Eaton charger off a mini only produces enough boost for a G40 as DieselGolfWales said. You'd really need an Eaton charger from a merc for the G60. But again you can pick them up relatively cheaply although not as easy as the mini one!

I think this is more like the one you'd need but check first as I'm often proved wrong!!! :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mercedes-benz-EAT ... dZViewItem

my friends got one he is fitting to a pug 205 gti 1.9 16v! he's got some info from somewhere saying that they are good for up to 3.0l engines!

How true this is i would'nt know.