Sign in to follow this  
mk4steve

Whats the best seats to put into a C?

Im on the look out for a nice C at the moment, i am planning to change the seats, what would be a better fit / more usable TT front seats or Porsche, obviously i will have the rest of the interior retrimmed to suit (and Dash)

I know a lot about mk2's and mk4's but C's i have never owned before.

Thanks

Steve

I personally really like the TT front seats but then detest the rears.

I would most probably be thinking along the lines of what you can obtain and at what price with the choice of those two as that may well be the deciding factor.

Hows about some picks reaper? I'd like to see tham mate if poss as im thinking of changing mine for something cow clad. Not really liking S3 leather, bit wierd imo, too arty looking. J's looks very special, but i'd imagine its because he's done everything to such an unbeleivable standard that i could never dream of!

Thanks Nick. Heres a piccy of mine

At some point I will get Turbo versions, with no black piping and deep bolsters, but for now I love them! :)

Jay

I'd say TT seats too if you don't want to go to the expense of fitting Recaro's and want a seat that looks factory. There pics of a pair of TT seats on forum in a C and they look great. That said if your going for a leather dash your probably prepaired to go the extra mile so track down a set of factory recaro subframes and you can bolt in the vast majorite of recaro seats. I got my SR's new but watch ebay and look out for honda Type R Recaro's.

being totally biased here, but I reckon it has to be my full beige electric, heated, recaro leather trim , as seen on the classifieds!

No pics at the moment but I have the Porsche Turbos with extra deep side bolsters and they look amazing and suit the car perfectly. To top it all off they are fantastically comfortable and hug you so when you throw the car about you stay perfectly still in the seat!

Porsche every time!

Recaro's all the way, nothing else will do.

Had TT Recaro's in my mk2

Got Recaro's in my Corrado, soon to be changed to recaro bucket seats.

and black leather Recaros in my mk4.

i gotta gree with paul recaros rule they are so comfy and supportive! but dinkus' old late interior that now rests inside my 16v are really nice fresh bolsters and as they are cloth not cold!!!

you need heated seats with leather, and air con.

the temperature thing IS an issue. they're either freezing, or your sweating your betty's off.

Wow, these all look awsome and I'd agree with phat in that his set are a dream but i dont have that kinda money unfortunately!

Perhaps TT's from egay and a black leather retrim on the standards in the back?

I presume a rear retrim in leather would be the same price regardless of them currently being cloth or kn.ckered leather?

reaper1_3 your TT seats suit your car really well, where they easy to fit to the sub frames?

A20 LEE love you seats, always bee a fan of your car, i hope when i track down a nice C it will be half as good as yours.

Will have a look at Recaros again, it would be better i suppose to get a pair through my account and save me a few bob!

being totally biased here, but I reckon it has to be my full beige electric, heated, recaro leather trim , as seen on the classifieds!

being totally unbiased ;) :oops: I would say my balck electric cloth recaro's not yet in the classified but due for sale imminently