Sign in to follow this  
Dub_nut_g60

She's alive!!!!!!!

stunner...................only thing letting it down IMHO is the number plate

i know what you mean, i quite liked the look when they went on in the first place, but now im thinking it looks way too wimpy for the C, needs thicker lettering i think! cue some carbon domed lettering me thinks!

thought id get round to popping a few more recent pics up as the car looks pretty different!!

16Vg60.jpg

PA270169.jpg

PA270220.jpg

PA270158.jpg

Clocks now changed:

DSC00013.jpg

some nice beading after a polish:

DSC00012.jpg

pics of a dewipered rear and painted headlights to come when camera decides to work and download the pics

On my way home from work this evening i had a bump, car infront stopped at green lights i slowed down behind her but didnt expect her to come to a complete stop only after i hit her did i see theun marked police car coming the other way turning righ at the junction.

Damage to mine:

Nearside fog light broken

chunk out of front bumper

panel between bumper and lights pushed up

Plastic bit broken that attaches to body

Grill spilt at top

2 small vertical sections missing

damage to hers:

2 bits pf paint missing, one size of 5p, 1 size of 50p

Will probabaly be buggered if she decides to claim on the insurance as ill lose my no claims and really dont know if i can afford the insurance without them. And i just cant afford to get the repairs done.

so it may mean having to sell the 'old girl' and get something cheaper if the worst happens :(

Really sorry to hear this Andy, i hope for your sake that shes doesnt claim...

I just hope this is a blessing in disguise, youve got a stonking G60 that needs a bit of tidying and this could be the time.

Best of luck and keep us posted...

Several weeks ago i was having issues with my oil pressure, took it to a garage who agree with me in thinking it was the oil pump at fault, so they went to change it, but upon taking off the sump they found parts of the main bearing! the worrying thing is that it was driving fine (even the guy who took it for a test drive at the garage couldnt beleive it!)

Anyway, managed to source a new engine thanks to G60SC_Stoney and am slowly taking the old engine out and putting the new one in!

Considering my knowledge level when it comes to working on my car i think its going quite well!

Thought id post up my progress so far!

In one piece:

DSC00361.jpg

Face off:

Photo-0022.jpg

Bumper off:

Photo-0023.jpg

Slam Panal off:

Photo-0024.jpg

Rad and boos pipes off:

Photo-0026.jpg

Altenator, supercharger (oil feed and return(, oil filter housing, oil cooler, some water pipes off:

Photo-0030.jpg

Poor car!

Photo-0027.jpg

I've been in that position too but was a lot worse off. It's amazing how easily these cars absorb damage. Nice to see you didn't end up selling it.

well after being off the road since the end of august, and spending a long time in my garage while i swapped the engine, fitted a mocal oil coller, and de-locked handles, shes finished!!

New engine started first turn of the key and sounds a treat (alot quieter than before!!!) and goes like an absolute rocket!!

only down side is there appears to be an oil leak (i may of forgotten the gasket for the oil filter housing, oops!) so will sort that this weekend!