Sign in to follow this  
robbymac

can any others fit

can anyone help me i have a corrado1990 16v 1.8 and took bumper off tonight to find front cross member is tottaly rotton and on its very very last lets to unsafe to drive

does any cross member fit as i have been told that i need an early one as the power steering pipe goes through it or can i just put a new hose in as i swear my last corrado didnt have it

please help me as it is hopefully getting resprayed this weekend thats if i get a cross member (hoping trickys is not rotten)

you sure its the cross member, i think c`s are prone to rust on the front panel behind the bumper but i dont think its that much of a big deal

(hope not as mine was wire brushed and waxoyled 2 years ago)

ben

Mine is rusty as heck too, but the actual structural bit is welded to it and is actually still fine, it's just the bit below it that's rusty.

sorry if i put it the wrong place i didnt know where to place it

but no its rusty by where it bolts on to the chassis and belive me its rotton i can break it up with my hand my dealer said mk2 golf are different and corrado ones cost £860.47 + vat (late c £910.47 +vat) might scrap yet if i cant find one hopefully will to good to scrap