Sign in to follow this  
task

Compression test.

I know that this is a job usualy done by a qualified technician but hey, by what I see most of those qualified technicians are worth s**t regarding working with corrado's :wink: .

I was browsing the net and found this do it yourself commression test. http://www.dsmgrrrl.com/FAQs/compression.htm

can I apply this on my corrado g60 and what are the compression specifications for the g60? :roll:

I know that this is a job usualy done by a qualified technician but hey, by what I see most of those qualified technicians are worth s**t regarding working with corrado's :wink: .

I was browsing the net and found this do it yourself commression test. http://www.dsmgrrrl.com/FAQs/compression.htm

can I apply this on my corrado g60 and what are the compression specifications for the g60? :roll:

Evenness across all 4 cylinders is the most important, providing they're all at a reasonable level, don't expect 'as new' figures from a 100,000 mile engine though.

Cost you about 20 quid for a guage, so you might as well ask an independant garage to do it for you, an hours labour shouldn't set you back much more than 35-40 quid (perhaps not in London).

I'd imaging the G60 is a fair bit lower than the 170-190 listed on that web link, think the NA 4 cylinder cars are around 175 usually, not totally sure though.

David.

Cost you about 20 quid for a guage, so you might as well ask an independant garage to do it for you

yes, but I 'd rather spend that money to teach myself something new about engines plus I'd have a cool gauge put in my garage :mrgreen:

I haven't read your link but you can get Compression Guages for less than £20, I've got one and used it on virtually every car I've owned, I changed at least 5 head gaskets as a result of the test results, excellent piece of kit. Much better (and cheaper) to do these things yourself if you have the interest.

Would agree with Andy, got my compression tester for 12 quid or so, did all my 3 cars with it, and Jim's ex G60, as well. I also once did a mate's VR6 Rado, after he'd been told by his garage, that they would charge him 80 Euros to do a compression check :shock:

Tempest