Sign in to follow this  
Tekara

Toad Ai606 advice

Just had a new Toad Ai606 fitted due to the cold weather killing off the 10 year old one. I got a couple of question, hoping anyone one who owns one, or knows about them might be able to advise.

I asked for the Automatic locking on starting to be disabled, but everytime i turn the ignition off you can hear the central locking pump kick in as though its trying to unlock. Should this be happening ?

When locking the car via the remote it locks straight away but, 5-10 secs later you hear the central locking pump have a second go at locking. Should it be doing this ?

Finally does your drivers door pin still activate the central locking ?

Thanks in advance

Just had a new Toad Ai606 fitted due to the cold weather killing off the 10 year old one. I got a couple of question, hoping anyone one who owns one, or knows about them might be able to advise.

I asked for the Automatic locking on starting to be disabled, but everytime i turn the ignition off you can hear the central locking pump kick in as though its trying to unlock. Should this be happening ?

When locking the car via the remote it locks straight away but, 5-10 secs later you hear the central locking pump have a second go at locking. Should it be doing this ?

Finally does your drivers door pin still activate the central locking ?

Thanks in advance

I have exactly the same problem with my Golf mate. When I had it imported it went straight for an alarm (same toad as yours) Because it didnt have central locking they fitted solenoids for me. When I went to pick it up they had programmed in the anti-hijack feature (as yours was) I asked them to dis-arm this feature and ever since when I turn the ignition off the solenoids "click" as if they are about to operate (or try to) but don't. I've always put this down to being a programming fault. But have not been bothered to take it back to the alarm fitters since as its 60-odd mile away. Hope this helps. I would take it back and get them to re-programme it.

cant hear pump on mine ( no anti hijack )

mine does a second lock as you said, but not if i lock using full closure which also doesnt unlock unless i press big green first as if the alarm isnt on

nope door pin doesnt do central locking, didnt before i had the toad fitted though

g/f old C had same alarm but different things going on: interior light would come on with unlocking mine dont, hers had anti hijack