Sign in to follow this  
corradostorm

Quick Survey - Track Days

It's slightly OT, but if you want to go on a track day without fear of being punted off by a numpty, http://www.bookatrack.co.uk (I think) do track days at loads of places and they're uber strict on crap driving and keeping your distance.

Either way, if you do a track day, remember that it's for practice, not racing.

Adding to that. These other monsters with non VAG cars dont all want to crash off into the Rados on purpose. They obviously have an interest in driving as they are at a racetrack not a tescos carpark.

Having said that I would be up for a group meet caus it rocks getting loads of Rados together for whatever reason, and it would be a thing of folk law fot years to come.

'IF ' this goes ahead, it'll be a Corrado only day unless the numbers are short (we would need 100 cars in total to breakeven, not looking to make a profit) in which case it'll be open to other VAG owners clubs.

The place will be somewhere in the midlands.

The price would be a maxmium £100 for as much track time as you want.

Remember, this is not a definate event, just want to test the water for the above.

Comments?

100 cars... mate, wouldnt that be too busy - if everyone is expecting a fair amount of track time.

3 sessions / hour - 10 cars on track (depending on track) is usually the standard.

100 cars at 100 pound a head is £10 grand...is it not possible to partner with someone like bookatrack and organise an Corrado only day through them?

Obviously, I only know part of the story so hopefully I can be proved wrong :D - good luck and if i have the money, I will be more than up for it ;)

It'll be held a one of the larger tracks who have recommended 25 cars on track at any one time (it's a high speed, not sprint circuit). Space shouldn't be a problem.

If we go with one of the track day companies then the price will be more like £150 pp when you factor in their profit share!

The cost not only includes the track but also marshalls, clerk of the course and the provision of fire and ambulance services.

100 cars at 100 pound a head is £10 grand...is it not possible to partner with someone like bookatrack and organise an Corrado only day through them?
In my previous life I drove another model of car and we did exactly this. One manufacturer, 48 cars, strictly adhered to (I know, I had to wait til lunchtime before being given a late-comer's slot due to no-shows), usual strict guidelines, £150 full day.

I agree with comments made earlier that certain organisers are very efficient at dissuading the more reckless elements from attending their track-days and think some of us seem a little paranoid (or, dare I say, snobbish?) about other models' drivers. A 'one model' day does make for great fun, though, simply because we tend to have more technical ideas in common - however, I would think that 100 cars of any type would be a tall order to organise (and I would be concerned about throwing round my car amongst a group of 25/30 others, whoever they were).

Either way, I'm deffo interested in the core idea of this thread should it turn into reality :D

I know of at least 4 other vag cars that would be up for it straight away.

By the look os the numbers you could advertise it and turn it into a mini show.

you'd never get 100 corrado's

donnington is ideal. I've been a few times, sometimes it's almost an open pit line, but split into different groups depending on experience.

at GTI Trackshwo there was a Caterham club day on too. they had their own session. so I see no reason why we couldn't so something simlar

in fact, there's the answer. I could have a word with peter rosenthal and see if he'll allow one of the track slots to be corrado only! I don't see why he wouldn't do that?

it was only about £25 for the session this year IIRC.

it's a brave move to go all out and book a whole track for a whole day. it'll cost a fortune, and people WILL let you down, they always do.

If I finally managed to get another Corrado in time, i'd be up for something like this definately. Would be a riot.

But clearly no point in punting round in a soggy suspensioned MK4 TDI!