Sign in to follow this  
Dougalo

Temperature

Just looking for some confirmation really.......

The temperature gauge on my valver rarely goes above 70C under normal driving conditions and the oil temp on the MFA rarely reaches 60C. Am i right in thinking that the thermostat needs replaced?

i have the same problem on my vr6, car was sitting in drive for a number of weeks and when i finally took it for a run my temp will onlyJUST reach half on the guage and my oil temp sits low. i thought it might be cos i have taken the big radiator for my air con away from infront of the main water radiator but my heaters only blow warm n not nice n hot. the pipes that lead into the heater matrix are roasting but still not much heat...................

Just looking for some confirmation really.......

The temperature gauge on my valver rarely goes above 70C under normal driving conditions and the oil temp on the MFA rarely reaches 60C. Am i right in thinking that the thermostat needs replaced?

Shirtainly sounds like the thermo is stuck open, although the oil temp seems bloody low...