Sign in to follow this  
beavis

G60 ECU diagnostics.

We get asked regularly by customers what to check when their G60 is feeling a little poorly. I've put together a brief step by step guide of things to check when your G60 has got the hump. All the checks can be carried out with a cheap digital Multimeter from Maplins that will set you back about £10.

It is not a bad idea to go though the check list even if your car appears to be fine as you may have a small problem that has not raised it head yet. As they say prevention is better than cure.

The PDF tutorial is here

http://www.pitstopdevelopments.com/guides/Diagnostic%20of%20G60%20engine%20management.pdf

If you are still unsure about anything drop me a mail and I can give you further guidance.

Just had a look at it - strangly I was outside about 2 hours ago messing around with mine and a brand new CO pot (£40 from VAG)

I set the new one to 580 Ohms before fitting it - same as the old one was reading across the two outer pins... will do the tests in the document and report back...