Sign in to follow this  
tej

ICE options

not sure how crazy people have gone with their installs?

but i have a few questions!! (sorry if some of the stuff has been covered, but i couldnt find my answers using the search button!)

1) what is the max size box that will fit in the boot? im hoping for about 5-6cu ft with space for a battery.. am i dreaming?

2) wheres the best place in the bulkhead to bring a power cable through? (is it big enough to fit 1 run of 0awg, or atleast 2 runs of 4awg?)

3) i know the boot floor isnt flat, so what would be the best option? building a false floor, or removing the spare tire (!)

4) can the front door pods be easily fitted to fit 6" midbass drivers? what other options do i have for fitting larger drivers? and is it true that there is space for 4" mids in the dash?

5)are there any other major things to look for when considering ICE in a corrado? ie, space issues behind headunit? certain areas to sound deaden? etc :)

sorry for so many questions :lol: :oops: but thanks in advance

:) :)

not sure how crazy people have gone with their installs?

but i have a few questions!! (sorry if some of the stuff has been covered, but i couldnt find my answers using the search button!)

1) what is the max size box that will fit in the boot? im hoping for about 5-6cu ft with space for a battery.. am i dreaming?

2) wheres the best place in the bulkhead to bring a power cable through? (is it big enough to fit 1 run of 0awg, or atleast 2 runs of 4awg?)

3) i know the boot floor isnt flat, so what would be the best option? building a false floor, or removing the spare tire (!)

4) can the front door pods be easily fitted to fit 6" midbass drivers? what other options do i have for fitting larger drivers? and is it true that there is space for 4" mids in the dash?

5)are there any other major things to look for when considering ICE in a corrado? ie, space issues behind headunit? certain areas to sound deaden? etc :)

sorry for so many questions :lol: :oops: but thanks in advance

:) :)

1, I've got a 3.4cu ft box and no much of a boot.

2, What amps are you using, be suprised if you need something over 4awg, theres a hole in the bulkhead on the passengers side easy to find, just below the line of the carpet under the dash.

3, Either, built over the spare or remove it, i removed mine.

4, You need audioscape pods for 6" door speakers. Yes 4" mids will go into the dash but you need will need to trim two tabs of the speakers and the speaker covers.

5, I'd say get a 4V headunit or line driver as their a tw4t for alternator hiss. You need a good strong signal.

HTH

cheers mate :)

got any pics of your install?

3.4cu ft is a little small for what i have in mind :(

the amperage rating on the amps total 180A, so 2 runs of 4awg would be nice, but 0awg would be better :)

il probably just remove the spare too, it'l be a pain in the arse trying to get to it with the install over the top.

i guess il have to wait and see if i can mod the door pods, dont really wanna shell out for audioscape pods, a friend of mine bought some for his golf and the quality was what we expected :s

thanks for the heads up on the alternator whine too :) although alternator whine is usually always down to a dodgy earth somewhere :) :) but saying that, the headunit has a 6.5v RCA output :)

has anyone else managed to fit a larger sized box in their boot? and does anyone have any info on the amperage output of the alternator fitted to the VR6s?

thanks again

cheers mate :)

got any pics of your install?

i guess il have to wait and see if i can mod the door pods, dont really wanna shell out for audioscape pods, a friend of mine bought some for his golf and the quality was what we expected :s

has anyone else managed to fit a larger sized box in their boot? and does anyone have any info on the amperage output of the alternator fitted to the VR6s?

thanks again

I'll update my members gallery with some install pics, maybe some in there already, can't remember.

EDIT :- pics here http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... 6b2#372990

VR's came with a 70Ah alternator as standard but you can get upto 120Ah which i have on mine. Still isn't enough though and i'm running about 900rms.

awesome!! cheers for the pics! thats an amazing looking install :D

is that box sealed? i cant see a port anywhere...

im surprised your having trouble running 900w? what cabling are you using? ive currently removed the install, but i've run about 2kwrms from the stock battery and alternator (65A!) of a shogun with no big issues?

is the 120A alternator a direct replacement from another model VW? or is in an aftermarket unit? what sort of price would i be looking at? :) :)

awesome!! cheers for the pics! thats an amazing looking install :D

is that box sealed? i cant see a port anywhere...

im surprised your having trouble running 900w? what cabling are you using? ive currently removed the install, but i've run about 2kwrms from the stock battery and alternator (65A!) of a shogun with no big issues?

is the 120A alternator a direct replacement from another model VW? or is in an aftermarket unit? what sort of price would i be looking at? :) :)

it's a sealed box. I'm surprised too, like to know where all that current is going :lol: Cabling is 4awg through to the dist block, 8awg to the amps. I have a friend who rebuilts alternators (bosch only, won't touch anything else), I polished and chromed the casing and he supplier 120Ah internals. Cost? I got mine at mates rates.