Sign in to follow this  
carpoid

Heres a stupid question for you .....

LOL... this is great... now its turned from americans to europeans to east coast americans+europeans vs West coast americans...

i'm east coast as well and have a rado with auto belts (well, down to just the driver side now) and a rado with the racing belts. yeah, there are still some idiots that i think are too lazy to put on the belts, but most of us nowaday are wearing them.

Now that you brought up the west coast i'm worried tho. i'm driving my sister out to LA to live after Christmas... maybe i need to put the racing harness in her Jetta....

:lol:

The US market seatbelts (ERLA units iirc) are a bit of rube goldberg engineering. Too many moving parts and bits to break over time. I removed my auto belts and replaced them with a set from a chap on here who's car met an untimely demise after a run in with a lorry.. There's alot of archaic stuff that was built in to comply with the us crash standards. Instead of parcel trays we get these pudgy knee bars that cover a huge 40 lb steel beam that runs between the a-pillars behind the dash. When you do take out the ERLA belts there's a huge rats nest of wiring that runs from the fuse box along the door sill back behind the rear seats back around and back along the other sill and terminates at the a-pillar.

BTW if anyone wants a set of the us belts i have a complete set plus some spares including all the wiring and switches that are necessary. :) (shameless plug :) )

not all of us americans are completely ignorant you know?

i agree that most are and 90% of americas do not know how to drive sometimes it seems like they got there liscense from a kids meal at mc donalds

but like i said not all of us americans are stupid and i personally dont like being called a yank