Sign in to follow this  
rug

suspension overhaul

I am trying to recondition my corrado for some track days and weekend fun. During the winter month I would like to redo the suspension which is starting to feel a bit slopy.

What parts should I replace, and which ones do I dare to get lowprice? (ie GFS)

This is what I am thinking:

Koni shocks

H&R springs

wishbones

powerflex bushings in the front

OE bushings in the rear

top mounts (front and rear)

top bearings

ball joints

swaybar links

and of course a wheel alignment!

Did I miss anything? What parts should I go to the stealer for and what do I dare to buy from GFS?

Also have some Ibiza R brembos just laying around on a shelf in the garage ;)

/Carl

Ideally I'd buy VAG all the way but financially this isn't a luxury I always have! I would also get OE front bushes although the fact that you're planning some track time might mean poly's might be better. Sounds like a pretty comprehensive list. I've done pretty much what you've said over the past year (different dampers and springs though) and it's made the car feel a lot more surefooted. Some barely road legal track day tyres perhaps?

Of course VAG parts would be nice, but my wallet isn't that big :oops:

Some R tires would be nice, but I'll wait until April when the winter tires come off to see if I can afford some :twisted: R tires for 16" can be quite expensive (smaller wont do if I use the Brembos...)

/Carl

if your considering dropping it low on the koni/hr's the general feeling seems there is no need for the vag rear bushes, so poly's all round would be better as the passive rear steer is lost when lowering anyway.

The only thing I can think that you've missed is Bumpstops and the rear ones will be knackered! - get these from GSF as they are rubber rather than foam so will last longer!

Anything else OE I would get from VAG - especially the topmounts as they are far better quality than the GSF items!