Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

Tyvek Car Cover - The Daddy!

Just put my G60 into hybernation and thought I'd put some pics up as altho there has been a lot of talk about these, I'd not seen a pic of one on a Corrado...

This is the medium size one (for MK5 golf etc) from Halfords, currently £39.99 (normal price £65)

Yes - I know it looks like a Focus....

Steve,

Hope it has girdle straps for the windy days to stop it ballooning itself off. And put large black bin liners fully over the wheels to stop splash up onto the discs. Trap them under tyres against the road/drive surface.

Not sure about this particular cover but the Cover Systems one I got (similar by the loks of it) was advertised as out door. The silver finish was for UV protection but it still breathed a fine dust onto the paintwork. Check it and you may need once a month on a dry fine day to take off and clean the car.

Cheers

Chris

make sure u wax the car a couple of times also before you cover it for good.. also take it off once a week and rinse the car to make sure fine dust particles are not scratching the paint

Yeah, cheers guys...

I did ive it a wax before and I will inspect it after a couple of weeks to see whats happening under there...

RW1 - yeah, it has straps but I didn't think i'd need them - you may have a point tho as it can get quite windy! - good tip about the bin bags too :cool: