Sign in to follow this  
PBSTORM

NOT Happy!

Whilst getting into may car yesterday, I noticed that someone had done this and just drove off!! :x

Does it need a re-spray? Or can you think of anything else?

PS Excuse the dirt... :oops:

They probably didn't notice.

If they're a poor enough driver to hit you, I doubt they'd recognise what had happened either.

Or they're just scum!

Be honest though - if you clipped another car, whether an expensive one or a banger, would you try to make amends IF you thought/knew you could get away with it?

It's usually human nature - most people will assess the situation and, depending on their moral fibre, will either leg it or try and sort the problem out.

Personaly i'd find any person with a red car in the area and kill them

apart form any mk3 golfs of course..!

Does it need a re-spray? Or can you think of anything else?

Doesn;'t look tooooo bad....have you tried to get the paint off?

If they're a poor enough driver to hit you, I doubt they'd recognise what had happened either.

Or they're just scum!

Be honest though - if you clipped another car, whether an expensive one or a banger, would you try to make amends IF you thought/knew you could get away with it?

It's usually human nature - most people will assess the situation and, depending on their moral fibre, will either leg it or try and sort the problem out.

Pffft...they noticed...you cant hit another car without noticing.

And as faar as the " would you own up "question goes...yes...I have done in the past when I knew I would get away with it...what goes around comes around.

Personaly i'd find any person with a red car in the area and kill them

thats a good idea , with red being such a rare colour , jeez it would be anarchy and riots if he hit every red motor :roll:

just try polishing it out the best you can

Twas a joke GIXXERUK, it looks like the same colour paint as i've got on my car and we both live in Cardiff.

I reckon that'l polish out pretty well...doesn't look dented or scratched to me;

Twas a joke GIXXERUK, it looks like the same colour paint as i've got on my car and we both live in Cardiff.

I reckon that'l polish out pretty well...doesn't look dented or scratched to me;

i know that mate , i just had visions of a red car massacre :lol:

shame it was'nt a more obvious colour :wink:

Or they're just scum!

And as faar as the " would you own up "question goes...yes...I have doen in the past when I knew I would get away with it...what goes around comes around.

You reckon? I'll guarantee there are people on the roads that could run over a person and not have the slightest clue what had happened!

And as proof to my 'human nature' thing .... well it's true because look at the number of us that get cheesed off with people hitting our cars and buggering off!

You reckon? I'll guarantee there are people on the roads that could run over a person and not have the slightest clue what had happened!

Maybe that chargers whineing a bit too loud then boyo....in a car park situation, you would see the car rise as you nudged it aswell as hearing the impact, in fact it usually sounds alot worse than it looks.

Or they're just scum!

And as faar as the " would you own up "question goes...yes...I have doen in the past when I knew I would get away with it...what goes around comes around.

And as proof to my 'human nature' thing .... well it's true because look at the number of us that get cheesed off with people hitting our cars and buggering off!

if you would own up walesy then i'm sorry you are very much in the minority mate, i'm sorry to say

as for not noticing , yeah this does happen lots, i've seen pensioners who are hard of hearing and cant turn their heads to look behind them when they reverse , who are totally obloivious to the 5 trolleys they have just ploughed into and are now towing :-)

if you would own up walesy then i'm sorry you are very much in the minority mate, i'm sorry to say

It's not a case of whether I 'would' own up...like I said...I've been in the situation that I could have easily got away with just buggering off having cracked some guys indicator but I left a note with my number (( even went back to my house to get a plastic sheet to put the note in incase of rain )) so the guy could contact me.

As for being in a minority...well...i'm more than used to that dude...especially on here :lol:

What polish would you recommed guys?

TBH I too would probably leave a note with my number... like WALESY says .... what goes around comes around!

and yeah I agree, I probaly am a minority.

I'd have a go at it with some hot soapy water, get the paint off and see whats there. Maybe it's time to take it to a bodyshop for a good ole mop session?...any old excuse. :)

Also you could have a go at it with Mcguires (sp) clay bar thingie..thats pretty good at bringing paint up , or maybe T-cut?... :?

One of the guys who works with me has an Alfa Romeo Spide in red and it's his pride and joy. D'you think I should start smashing it up?? :lol:

A bit of G3 compound would probably take that out.

Gutted for you, but you are very lucky that it doesn't seem to have dented it though.

Use Safe-cut - yellow bottle from Halfords, that will remove the other cars paint and cut your slightly then you'll be able to tell the real damage... may come up fine with a couple of light scratches - hardly worth bothering with unless you were thinking of getting a front end respray done for stonechips etc...

Use Safe-cut - yellow bottle from Halfords, that will remove the other cars paint and cut your slightly then you'll be able to tell the real damage... may come up fine with a couple of light scratches - hardly worth bothering with unless you were thinking of getting a front end respray done for stonechips etc...

^^^what he said - lots of elbow grease also. follow up with a coat of proper wax ;)