Sign in to follow this  
SPS si

forced induction VR6

Hi!

i have a feeling i met and chatted to some of you at castle combe not to long ago. i run a german car tuning company in corsham S.P.S. Tuning.

we have started work on our VR6 demonstrator (my own car) what i would like to know is what is the most powerful corrados you lot have heard of so i have a figure to try and beat!

the figures i need are without nitrous.

any help would be great! cheers

Hi Simon,

Welcome to the forum. No idea the answer to your question, this just a hello. Saw your motor up at Coombe but was on wander mode and didn't spot you. Must pop in soon and see how you're getting on

Stealth's Corrado VR6 turbo developed 370bhp and 405lb/ft torque, which was a real flyer. It was built to last too. The 2.9 engine is not the most long lasting of engines in standard trim, so go above 500bhp requires a lot of work and expense to ensure it holds together!

Kev

Forgot to mention for those who were at combe. if you spotted the black lupo with the R32 badges on it that is one of ours its its turn next for tuning!.

My plan for the VR6 currently stands at

- Ross pistons

- Oliver con rods

- SPS crank

- SPS full race spec head being developed in conjunction with Norris Designs (my mates next door) engine build man.

- alpha or omex control

- a heafty great turbo :twisted: not sure which yet but also in talks with norris about that!

plus obviously all the other bits and bobs - cams, bigger injectors, arp fixings etc.

As this will be our main advertising demonstartor our budget is currently standing in the reagon of £20k this must also include suspension and obviously whopping huge stoppers!

i will also be looking into a syncro system if there is anyway we can run it through a VR box???

Very busy at work latley so its sat looking unloved at the mo. as im in the process of puting a bmw 535 lump in a 525 (E28) then having a bit of a play with that. A bloke with too much money i reckon. but hey if they want it it will be done! :D

as already mentioned, bill schimmels monster.

650hp to the wheels!

"To tell you a little about my car, it was a 2950lb daily driver running 22psi boost on pump gas. The street setup made 450hp to the wheels with full exhaust. At the track, boost was set to 35psi, 114 fuel, and a dump pipe for exhaust, making over 650hp to the wheels. I broke almost every drivetrain part more than once. For the two years that I raced I went through every aspect of VR6 performance. I can show you how to obtain however many hundreds of horsepower and keep it together. "

you also might want to check out his jetta 2.8 VR6 running on a STOCK engine putting out well over 500hp to the wheels and running low 10's in the 1/4 mile which is completley mental quick a lot faster than a maclaren :o)

MacLaren? Hmnnn......Wonder which i'd preferre!

My VR6 is consevatively at about 300bhp with basic mods of a Vortech V9fSQ charger and 40-50bhp of nitrous, i'll put the 75bhp jets back in as the set-up takes the current amout of nitrous effortlessly.

The EIP Tuning VR6 produces 680bhp at the wheels, i've seen the dyno graph.

There is lots more to be done to my VR, i have an ultra light flywheel to fit which will give a faster rev response.

Chris

I heard rumours about a twin engined corrado vr6 a while back - not sure how true they were. Anyone confirm that or is it just a fantasy :shock: Sure it could be done though :)

Anything can be done with the right amount of money!

RE the 680bhp MK3 VR6, I give that 20K engine life, tops, and I believe it was tested using 110 octane racing fuel.

Kev