Sign in to follow this  
Jez

Idle too high!

Got this problem yesterday, seems my engine is idling at roughly 1200rpm even when warm. Not fluctuating though so I don't think its the ISV that's knackered, plus theres no other noticable diffrences to normal running. Cold start valve jammed open maybe? Anyone else had this problem?

Cheers

Jez

my 16v has done this since i put a webber redline porsche 924 throttle body on it. it's intermittent and partly due (i think!) to a weaker spring and having to run the throttle cable to operate in an anti-clockwise direction so the run is slightly different. Also it stuck at 2500rpm on tuesday, so maybe after 160k i could treat my motor to a new cable, a quick blip sorts it but i'm getting pissed off with having to do it as i pull up at traffic lights and junctions cos all the nova and corsa boys start getting twitchy :oops: Don't know how much a new cable is?

Yeah, there is a hissing noise coming from around the throttle body to honest. haven't had time to get the plastic cover out the way to see if there's an air leak anywhere yet, will have a look tommorow though...

Yeah mine was hissing and it was the little t section coming off the tb, the pipe to the left was off and it was sucking air in. I put the pipe back on and the revs went back to 750... sorted

I think now it is the ISV thats stuck open as the hissing noise is coming from the box like filter that sits behind it indicating air is flowing through it (its not leaking either, was brand new in august).

The plastic box thing sitting behind it is the silencer and it is normal for it to hiss.

Anyone know how hideously expensive a new one is? The ISV that is...

Have you tried just taking it off and blasting some brake cleaner through it? Sometimes helps

Yeah was gonna try that first but just curious as to how much a new one might cost.

Yeah was gonna try that first but just curious as to how much a new one might cost.

Not too sure. I got quoted £25+ vat for a second hand item for my old golf :shock: Didn't bother in the end, just cleaned it :)