Sign in to follow this  
V3DUB

Corrado Special

That yellow thing cant be a vw release!??

looks like an alfa.

but the ralley style arches.... well not that bad at all :wink:

out of interest how many editions is there ?

you have :-

vr Storm's

vr Campaign's

g60 Jet's

what else?

there was one called the Estoril(at a guess it probably had estoril rims on it) too Wink

There was also the 'Exclusiv'

i thought the 16VG60 corrado was built by VW MOTORSPORT

Yep, the ones you, Alex and Lee are on about were built by VWM but the 6 i'm on about are the 'proper' factory ones...

Hmmm...I'm sure I still have my VW-Audi magazine publicising the Campaign models, might be able to find out where they originated. They were certainly UK-only though I seem to remember, and were given to the top 6 dealerships in the country ("top 6" being the best performing).

I wasn't sure about the terracotta and purple leather then, so I'm not sure I want to see it again now :)

Hmmm...I'm sure I still have my VW-Audi magazine publicising the Campaign models, might be able to find out where they originated. They were certainly UK-only though I seem to remember, and were given to the top 6 dealerships in the country ("top 6" being the best performing).

Yip, here you go. Never for sale officially and I think one dealer still has theirs.

On the main point, Karmann made so many "prototypes" it's hard to know what they got upto. eg. 50 Scirocco Mk2 Turbos in 1981 Made 50, scrapped 49 and VW put one in the museum at Wolfsburg. Scrapped cos it only did 17mpg but had a 145bhp delivery (euro) 124bhp (USA).

A Karmann habit of proposing....