Sign in to follow this  
macca

Very bad radio reception

Any advice about crap radio reception. Just fitted another CD after having last one niced. The reception is crap, it wasent that much better before, got the standard B sting aerial fitted. I'm totaly clueless on ICE so any help welcome, or its Cds all the way.

Cheers Guy.

That'll be a amp failure then. The aerial has a signal amplifier in the base. Either this has failed or there is no power supply to it. There should be an additional wire attached to the aerial cable that needs a 12v power supply (suggest that you give it a 12v supply that only comes on with the ignition unless you want a flat battery). If this doesn't work then you can get replacement aerials with amps but I think you need to take the headlining out to fit it.

Other people will know more but that's my take on it.

Off the top of my head I don't think the combined amp/aerial unit is that expensive although you can spend £125 on an aftermarket one that is meant to be much better. However a few people have fitted one of these behind the stereo and apparently this has solved the problem

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/focus.php3?partno=PC552

I don't know whether this works or not as I haven't fitted it myself