Sign in to follow this  
Tempest

Tiny tiny C-meet in B'ham today :-)

As I had to collect a few goodies from Stevemac, and Steve wanted to analyse a potential problem on his G60, I travelled towards the metropolitan city of Brum from the slightly less metropolitan capital Coventry (dump) :lol: to get my fuel pressure manometer onto Steve's G60.

We have been able to successfully rule out that his running problems stem from fuelling issues, as the system held the pressure admirably well, whilst we were chucking down one coffee after another :-) As a matter of fact Steve's G60 did not lose any pressure in more than 30 minutes that we waited.

Instead we are pretty much sure it's got to be down to a knackered Lambdaprobe (or at least one on its way out, unlike when mine gave up the ghost rather suddenly 2 years ago).

Comparing the fuel pressure results on Steve's G60 to the results I obtained again just the night before (now with a new fuel pump fitted), I still seem to have a leak somewhere (as in 30 minutes I lose about 0.5 bar of pressure), which is highly likely the cause of my coldstart stuttering problems. Just need to find out now where the leak is located: Injectors, fuel lines, unions, hose in tank, etc. At least I can rule out the FPR, as I've tried 3 different FPRs, one even brandnew unit, and none of them solved my stutter problem on coldstarts.

Steve also managed to use his perfect hearing to locate the squeal that I have reported on with my G60, and is pretty sure that it's the throttle body mechanism. That woudl make sense as at one point (having noticed my Lader starting to push out oil before I had it overhauled, I did actually clean out the intake manifold and TB with carb cleaner), so will try some grease and stuff tomorrow.

A productive day :-) With loads of goodies as well, I now have a bit of work to do again on the Mk1 :-)

Tempest

Hehe.. that is the good thing about going to Steves to work on the cars.. he keeps you well supplied with cups of tea and coffee!! :)

Cheers for testing my fuel system Eric - one less possible cause of my running problems.

New lambda probe fitted today, took my car out for a test run & another one of my water hoses has decided to "expire". :mad: Gonna have to get that sorted ASAP - supposed to be driving to Leeds next weekend.