Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

flip out screen

Why do people reccomend the Alpine over the Pioneer??

I'm thinking of getting a sat-nav thing installed and really like Pioneer as a brand, have had their headunits and Alpine and rate the Pioneers higher. More 'customisability' of the sound...

MIght be able to get an Alpine setup cheap secondhand though, so at the end of the day it might all come down to money!!

cheers bally whats the catch with that unit it has a spec a hundred times better than all the others for about a third of the price!

No catch with that headunit, a friend of mine has installed quite a few of them and can't recommend them highly enough. They can even show what g-forces you're pulling round bends!

If I didn't have loads of other stuff to fix first I'd have one in my car.

Why do people reccomend the Alpine over the Pioneer??

to be honest if i could have afforded alpine i would have got alpine but the similar unit cost about 300 pound more than the pioneer when i bought it.

a couple of mates of mine have alpine head units and to be honest they do sound better, not as many features but thats not allways a bad thing it usually just means the sound is less processed.

most alpines have the option to turn off the internal amplifier when using external amplifiers which imroves the sound at high levels.

a friend of mine manages the audio counter in chester halfords and said that early flip front pioneers did have problems with the face mechanisms (usually caused by heavy handed people trying to remove the face off while its moving) but the newer models seem to be very reliable, the most reliable units they sell are the alpines and the worst are the jvc's and surprisingly clarion.