Sign in to follow this  
Colley

Camber & Toe

Recently got my suspension fitted on my car and went to Elite yesterday to get the car properly set up.

3 corners are now in the acceptable range but the drivers rear side wheel is still out; the camber is -1.19 when it should be between -1.40 and -1.20 the toe is also out at .48 when the range is .35 to -.15. They have done what is in their ability to do but i wonder if any one can suggest anything to get the settings in the right range?

Any suggestions will be greatly accepted!

1.19 won't exhibit anything strange on the road, assuming the rear axle bushes and dampers are OK.

You can shim the stub axles with stainless washers to get the alignment back in check.

All the other wheels are now in line and its just this one that i would like to get sorted as it pulls to the left a little.

How involved is shimming the stub axles?

Thanks

I always found VW give the best and cheapest service. Aftermarket firms charge a premium for this service but I've had castor and camber done by VW on their high end equipment for £60-70