Sign in to follow this  
G60Jet

Is That my New G12+ on the Floor

Yes you've guessed it may radiator gave up on me last night :x

Not the best of timing Since i've just put new tyres on the car and spent a load of money on doing all those little bits that have been as the back of my mine for months, needless to say the little bits all included stealer parts.

Anyway according to the part CD the rad is only €153 complete!! can see that myself but hey.

And to top it all off, Pau1 is here, plis Tom, Andi and the girls arrive on thursday!! Better be fixed or im gonna need a hire car to get them from the airport.

That sounds cheap for a rad.

I paid €106+ for a genuine replacement hose last year with VW.... if I'd known the price beforehand I could've bought a Samco set for just a little more.

btw, I think you'll have to remove the front grille etc to fit the rad.

Good Luck!

just got the price from the STEALERS

€300 plus Iva less my discount i hope!!

and thats if they have one in barcelona

I got my G60 rad for £70 from guildford rads think the G60 with aircon is the same as the VR one ithough sn't it which are slightly dearer theres one on ebay at the mo going for something like £40

Well the Car went in the Garage on Tuesday morning, I asked them to strip it ready for the new rad to arriving on wednesday lunch. I got the new Rad, droppped it off, with G12+ and the C was still outside as i left it. Anyway they said no problems it will be ready by thursday, went back that night to get some stuff out of the C to find them just draining the old coolant. (I wast was left of it).

Phoned thursday lunch before picking up the guys from the airport. Its not going to be ready until friday.

Now given the fact that i asked them to change the fuel filter and put my last two samcos on(oil cooler ones) thats not that much work.

I know the whole front has to come of the C to change it, but i think i could of done it myself in less than 4 hours. and ppl i've spoke to said 2 hours max for a garage to do it.

I mean am i corrected here or what,

Grill off, Headlights out, fogs out, Bumper off, horns off, remove top rad fixings, slam panel and cross member off (5 bolts i think), remove rad from top, (refitting is opposite of removal)!!

i knew i should of done it myself!! :mad:

You leave the car in garage..... the garage gives you a 911 courtsey car for your troubles. Next day (Wed) the garage phones you up & say 'we worked late last night on your car & got it finished, you can come & collect it now.' When you arrive at the garage you find your car ready washed & valeted n'all. The garage man says 'Oh, thats right we fitted your two hoses as well, I won't bill you for that' & smiles.

Carlsberg don't do garage work, but if they did, it would... :wink: ......

:lol: i wish

Got it back just, New fuel filter and its flying!!! the old one must of been about blocked.

Labour Charge €192 !!! i knew i should of done it myself,

And they have left dirty paw prints all over my clean charger!! how do i get that clean??