Sign in to follow this  
White2505

fancy stainless manifold.

The steering rack/column was in the way and with it touching it where it comes down through the bulkhead from the steering column. It would have needed 1.5" worth of persuasion, and by doing that the centre most pipes wouldn't have been able to attach to the bottom most section of the manifold. It definately don't fit dude, and I'm seriously gutted

I think the main problem is that it is a 4-2-1 manifold, and where the manifold passes past the steering rack/column, it is effectively too wide.

@mrbeige unfortunatly thats what i thought when i saw it, it is a copy of a supersprint one and they dont make a right hand drive one for that very reason.

Best of luck with the refund and if this helps you here is a the reply i got from the guy selling them on ebay back in the beginning of december when i asked him would they fit a right hand drive car!

hello

yes it fit for right hand car!!!

best regads

steven

Has anyone had the same problem fitting it to a KR? Id like to know this asap before its too late to send it back.

Im guessing its the same issue if its the steering rack. I would also like to know before I go stripping the car.

If its a prob fittin with 9a it will be with kr,unless the garage is talkin poo poo

That is my understanding too, as far as I know the KR and 9a block and head are dimensionaly the same externaly.

Has anyone compared a tubular manifold to a nicely fettled standard one? I spent an afternoon with a grinder tidying up and port matching my std one. Not sure what improvement if any was made, because I did it whilst modifying the head and inlet manifold.

I understand the theory behind tubular manifolds, but for the money does it make enough difference to be worthwile on a road car?

If i can get 162bhp with just a 4branch and different inlet cam then yes they are worth it!

Could be a mod for the future on mine..

Do you notice much difference in noise, and is there any knocking or extra vibration? I need to keep my car reasonably refined because I'm doing 300-400 miles per week.

Do you have any photos of it on and off the car?

Might have to get a 4-1 manifold if it fits then? From what I can understand its definately the 4-2-1 dimensions that cause the problem.

Maybe a group buy for the same one that Flusted has got might be worth looking into, cos the only thing I've not mucked about with is the exhuast manifold.

9a block is 15mm taller than kr so a little "persuasion" should have seen it in I'd have thought.

no it isn`t,,

the taller blocks are the ABF`s not found in corrado`s hence why they are called tall blocks,,

9a gains its capacity with a longer stroke crank hence the bubbles in teh castings on the side to allow it to turn round inside,,

9a is the same height as a KR

mrbeige, probably be up for a TSR group buy if one goes ahead

flusted, did you fit your manifold before doing your other engine mods??

mines standard at the moment but still getting good power, do you think i`d see benefits from just fitting a 4-1 manifold ( as 4-2-1 dont fit) dont really wanna go messing about with the engine internals just yet

ben

I've just had a word with Neil at TSR, and he said that he would do 5% discount for 10+ and 10% discount for 20+ of the Golf 2 16v stainless manifold that they do normally priced at £264.

He did say that these manifold will go straight on pre 93 cars ie. without a CAT, but post 93 16v's (9a) you would in fact loose the ability to have the CAT as it is designed to replace the first silencer (or Cat in the case of post 93 cars).

Furthermore, if you have a lambda probe, they would require drilling and tapping for them to fit into the manifold as they don't come standard predrilled (obviously cos the K-jet doesn't have a lambda)

Is that any good, what do you reckon guys?

mrbeige, think it would be difficult to get 20 peeps interested maybe you`d have to open it up to other forums??

TBH for £26 it`d be a lot of hassle for you to sort out,

the g/f parents live in bridgewater so i`d be geting mine fitted next time i`m down there

awesome stock miltek

bit cheaper already but dunno about the differences between the 2

ben

He did say that these manifold will go straight on pre 93 cars ie. without a CAT, but post 93 16v's (9a) you would in fact loose the ability to have the CAT as it is designed to replace the first silencer (or Cat in the case of post 93 cars).

Furthermore, if you have a lambda probe, they would require drilling and tapping for them to fit into the manifold as they don't come standard predrilled (obviously cos the K-jet doesn't have a lambda)

I don't fancy changing the manifold to re-fit the cat for the mot every year, so not really for me - Sorry.

I don't fancy changing the manifold to re-fit the cat for the mot every year, so not really for me - Sorry.

I don't think i could handle that either to be fair, but it may be possible to modify the end to fit the Cat as shown in the exceptionally badly modified picture???