Sign in to follow this  
Carl

New C G60 owner. Help needed :)

Howdy ppl.

I like my Corrado. Had it few weeks now.

But it seems to like my wallet more than me hehe.

Took it to vw for service(annual) and cambelt change and got it back with some notes,

cv boot split (now fixed).

oil leak from charger oil pipe? should have noticed this one :(

plug leads(splitfire twin) too tight, couldnt check plugs.

New problems after service ?!

Car now stalls on cold start (never happened b4)

Rev-o-meter readings are wierd. needle movement isnt smooth and seems to stick. wtf?

any ideas i got to run! speak later!

thanks guys!

Change those plugs for a start, get some bosch w6pdo ones that are ment for the G60. they are the Only plug to use. and last loads longer than normal plugs, mind you they should at the price.

what you got?

check blue temp semsor. on G60 swap blue to black. there are 2 switches on top of thewater pipe going to the rad. swap the connectors over n try it. if it runs ok then the blue needs replacing.

Change those plugs for a start, get some bosch w6pdo ones that are ment for the G60. they are the Only plug to use. and last loads longer than normal plugs, mind you they should at the price.

Thanks for reply.

I shall get the new plugs u recommend as soon as i can get the leads off and and check whats on there allready. Mechanic said "the plug leads are too tight on plugs" and didnt want to damage the leads. shoudl i use brute force to get these suckaz off or what?

what you got?

check blue temp semsor. on G60 swap blue to black. there are 2 switches on top of thewater pipe going to the rad. swap the connectors over n try it. if it runs ok then the blue needs replacing.

thanks for reply. most of what u said has gon over my head.

what have i got? dont know what u mean m8, and thats why i ask here for help :)

ok why am i looking at temp sensor? i found it. if what runs ok???

the wire leading to blue connector have black tape wrapped around them indicating?

Thanks,

Carl.

Check the Distributor cap and rotor arm, as its at the bottom it is more likely to be at fault, especailly after the rain we had last night

Check the Distributor cap and rotor arm, as its at the bottom it is more likely to be at fault, especailly after the rain we had last night

checked dizzy cap negigble corrosion? k

no clue about rotor arm (am total newbie to car stuff :/)

Rotor arm is directly under the distributor cap. it should show signs of wear an corrosion. if so, change both of them. its an easy fix.

as far as the plug wires go, you can use a regular screw driver and gently get underneath and help pry them off, while your pulling from the top. just make sure you dont bend or damage the leads. but it can be done.

ta for tips m8! :)

i'll let yas know how i get on.

gota read up on the temp sensor issues tho i think they relate to idling problems?

Any ideas about this "sticky" rev needle? (seems to sort itsself out after driving mile or 2)

vw tampering at service?

possible related to timing belt change?

clutching at straws here :)

thanks all