Sign in to follow this  
jovi

heating gauge proplem

hey me again

i have a problem with my heating gauge, it doesn't work, is this something simple i can fix myself or a garage job?

thanks

Think we'll need a little more info on this one.

What car/year is it? I presume you are talking about the heater fan? What exactly isn't working? Is there no heat or does the fan not turn on at all? Does the fan work on any settings?

Give us a bit more of a clue, it may be something you can sort out yourself! :)

sorry i have a g60 corrado h plate, the heating all works its just the temperature gauge that doesn't work it is stuck pointing at cold.

also dont know if you saw my other post but i have a problem with my spoiler, it is stuck in the upright possition, it has been like that since i bought it a few weeks ago. any suggestions?

ta very much

The obvious first move with regards to the temerature gauge would be to test/replace the temperature sender. As for the dodgy spoiler I would suggest using the search function as it's been covered a number of times in the past.

Spoiler - check you fuses (all of them as they moved it around a bit)

Temp Gauge - the sender is the black one on the plastic housing the front of the head (next to the blue one)

Check the plug and the wiring, the remove both plugs and measure resistance across the pins and compare...

Most likely the black one is knackered but I'd replace the blue one too as it's crucial to the G60's engine management - the other way to test the blue one is to start the engine then unplug it and the revs should drop (not cut out)

Both sensors will be less than £20 from VAG.

its just the temperature gauge that doesn't work it is stuck pointing at cold.

Hang on a sec, is it only blasting out cold air or is the dial/slider not moving (jammed)?