Sign in to follow this  
catch_twotwo

Squeaking sound when parking

Ok since I got the car about 6 weeks back there's been a squeaking sound whenever I'm parking and doing lots of wheel moving.... It only seems to happen when I'm parking though as I can't hear anything at speed or at junctions etc...

Also the PAS seems a little slugish when the cars slow.... at least a lot harder to turn than I'd expect from power stearing.

Any idea's what this can be ? PAS belt maybe ?

I was going to check this, but I've zero idea where to be looking under the car for it.... anybody got a picture that might help me out a little ?

Also I need to get my cambelt replaced... anybody got any idea of a rough cost on that ? After spending over £1000 today alone I need to watch the pennies ;)

After spending over £1000 today alone I need to watch the pennies ;)

And i thought MY fuel consumption sucked!! :shock:

Sounds like the belt that drives the power steering pump is slipping on the pulley, it would explain the squeeking and the difficulty in turning the wheels.

You could try gettin someone to turn the wheels while you look and listen under the bonnet. If it is the pump, you might as well get it done same time as the cam belt as the charger belt has to come off to do it anyway.

I got told once a cam belt would cost about £90 +parts for a G60.

I'd guess its just a little brake rub. Unless it sounds like rubber slipping, then I'd say power steering.

Well it's when the brakes aren't on... so I'd guess it is the PAS belt....

I'm getting some things done at G-werks in January, so any problem mechanically driving with this till then ? Other than the obvious annoying sounds :lol: