Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

dash speakers

After fitting my rear speakers, which are bloody loud, I'm noticed the rather poor power handling abilities and sound quality of the dash speakers.....so i want o change em' !

What are my options? they're 3" right? I had a look around and the smallest i've found is 4", is that going to be easy to fit? Any recomendations on what speakers to get?

i'm just after something with good highs, as the bass from the 6x9's (yeah, i know, but you have to hear them!) is bloody good.

ive got a pair of 5" focals in the doors and mounted the tweeters on the top speaker bays with the cross overs hidden behind the black plasic bits next to the door in the foot well. Sounds awsome as the tweeters are very loud and the 5" act as mid range and the sub (or the 6x9's in your case) act as the base. This will be a good setup as i had my 6x9's just doing base before i got my sub.

i thought about doing that craig, only problem is at some point the door speakers have been removed, and when i was sorting out the headunit wires there were 2 spare (not connected on the old bodged wiring either) so i'm not sure if they're for the door speakers or what.

I've a feeling the cars had some decent ICE in before which has been either stolen, or just taken out when it was sold.

i just got 3 meters of good audio wire and ran new wire to the doors, and get some gold connectors as this will help keep the quality too.

how does the standard system work then? do the wires split off somewhere else to power the dash speakers?or should there be 5 wires? (doors left/right, back left/right then the 3 dash ones)